Chapter 2 - Is my past hunting me?

Tessa

"Of course. Mister bus guy". I said with a smirk on my face.

"Wait, do you know each other?" the girl sitting next to him asks.

"Barely" he says and places his elbow on the table.

"Well as much as I would like to continue with this lovely conversation, I'm kinda busy. So how about you tell me what you guys want" I said with an irritating tone.

"Like a said, antisocial and rude" bus guy adds.

I tried to remain calm and ignored his death stares and stupid remarks. The girls sitting around seemed to like him a lot since they couldn't get their hands off him.

Stupid boys

I thought inside me. Fortunately they didn't stick around for long and left quite early leaving a decent tip at the end of the table. While they had their dinner though, bus guy and his friends kept looking at me from time to time, gossiping and talking everytime I would pass by their table. I wasn't anything compared to those girls they were hanging out with. I wasn't into those freaky outfits, the extremely uncomfortable high heels and the make-up. I was just into loose and cute outfits, because what's the point of wearing something uncomfortable just to look hot or sexy.

Stupid!

I was the last one to leave so I had to make sure all the lights were turned off and every door was locked, I wouldn't like to have Sia screaming in my face of how irresponsible I am. I put on my jacket and my warm scarf made of wool, praying it won't be freezing outside. I stepped out and quickly thought of my poor thighs that were uncovered because of that skirt I wore to school today.

"Bad day for a skirt huh" I heard a voice from somewhere close.

"Why are you still here?" I asked him. Clearly he was waiting outside all these hours.

"Didn't want to end the night" he adds.

"What about your friends? they got bored of your rude ass?" I said while locking the last door before turning around to leave.

"Rude again" he says with a chuckle.

"You can swipe this smile of your face. Your attitude wasn't the best in there either" I said to him.

"You had a taste of your own medicine" he says as he steps closer. We were now both standing outside diner's main door facing each other.

"Actually..." I said first "I was the rude one this morning" I admitted, lowering my eyes to the floor.

"No one argued differently" he adds in a playful manner. At this point we were very close to each other, half smiling and I couldn't help but notice how tall he actually was. And very charming too. He had this messy, short but dark hair. Beneath his shirt I could see the tips of a few tattoos, and  there were some smaller ones on his fingers. He was dressed in all black with just one thin leather jacket. Like this morning.

"Nice tats" I said while examining his hand.

"I bet that's the nicest thing you've said all day" he laughs.

"Well you don't know me, smart pants" I said and started to walk towards my house.

"Do you live far?" he asked.

"Just a couple of blocks away"

"I can give you a ride if you want" he said trying to catch my attention.

"I don't hope in rides with strangers, I'd rather walk"

"I would say your thighs think otherwise" he says, while standing against the wall with his hands in his pockets.