Chapter 25 - Ponytail Man

Hardin

I honestly remember closing the door behind me. I was scared to even look.

What if Tessa went somewhere but she forgot to lock the door?

I slowly entered the room, scanning the area to find her. I looked everywhere, I ran down to the kitchen and checked every corner I could think of, but she was nowhere to be found. At first I panicked but then I called down at the reception, hoping that she left a message or something, but no luck. I tried calling her again but I was sent to her voicemail.

Suddenly, I get a message from an unknown number, just like Tessa did the other day. My eyes got wide from what they just came across. My hand began to shake as I was holding the phone tight in my hand, almost breaking it. It was a picture of her, sleeping inside a car probably but something was off. She wasn't asleep, she was passed out. And damn I swear I saw bruises on her face.

Those motherfuckers

I knew exactly what was going on, those bastards took her. They took my baby away from me. Underneath the picture there was a message that read:

"Do as you are told and she might live to see the sun again"

At this point, I had so many enemies I had no idea who it might have been behind all this. I needed more information to actually find her and I cursed at my self once again for not fucking bugging her phone with a GPS or something. Crazy yeah, but useful.
I immediately called Chris to let him know what happened and he agreed to pick me up, from the parking lot. The only way to find out what was going on was to reach out to those people, but I had no number since they would be the ones calling. Before I knew it, Chris was waiting downstairs. I grabbed all our stuff and passports, when I noticed that her ID and passport were stolen.

Why would they need those

I didn't waste time analysing it and run downstairs towards Chris car.

"Dude, what the fuck how did they find her"

"Man, I don't know. I'll fucking kill them I swear"

"Is it Smirnov and his people?"

"I don't know... Either them or Jack had his people to take her" Smirnov was the dealer responsible for holding my mother in a motel somewhere in London, that I owed her debt to him. It honestly didn't make sense for him to be behind it, since I completed every assignment I was given, specially the last one.

"It's not Smirnov man, he has no reason"

"What do you mean, you owe him 15k!"

"FUCK, I KNOW!" I shouted at him obviously angry and confused. "Just drive Chris"

"Sure but where to?"

I took a moment to put the pieces together and I was thankful that Chris had his passport along with him just in case I needed to flight back, I wanted to have someone next to me. If those people who had Tessa needed her passport, it seems they were planning to get her out of London.

"Airport" I immediately instructed and he slammed down the pedal. I was hoping my biggest fear wouldn't come true and that Jack had nothing to do with it. Those people were far more dangerous and taking people's lives for revenge or family issues was just an easy task. They just wanted to scare me, cause me pain for whatever I have done to Jack's sister or even putting their business at risk while working for Smirnov as well. Who knows, maybe Jack told them.