Chapter 17 - We have to leave

Tessa

"I'm worried Hardin" I said to him.

"You shouldn't"

"I do though. I feel like you are hiding things from me"

"Tess... don't push it"

"Push what exactly? You made me promise to always trust you, but yet you act so guilty all of a sudden"

Hardin stood there emotionless, looking around the room like a lost puppy, avoiding to look at me. He was suddenly cold and distant. I stood up and went in front of him.

"Was it because of Molly? What is going on? "

"Nothing is going on..." he shouts while throwing his hand in the air.

"Then, If I go and ask her, nothing will come up, right?"

"You won't. I forbid you"

"You what?" I said, resting my arms on my hips.

"You heard me" He said and stood up, touching my forehead with his, grabbing my wrists to hold my hands down next to my body.
" You wouldn't disobey me" he added.

"Hardin you are scaring me"

Hardin, left my side and started pacing up and down the room. Running his fingers through his hair, it seemed like he was about to throw a huge tantrum on me, but I had to stand my ground. He had to come clean if he wanted me to trust him.

"Sit down" he instructed me, pointing at the end of the bed. His gaze was serious, like he was about to make an important announcement. I obliged and waited patiently.

"Tessa..." he said, and kneeld down in front of me. "Baby... please forgive me" he said, and buried his face in my knees. Okay, now I know something serious is going on.

"Hardin, forgive you about what?"

"I'm a mess" he replied, now looking in my eyes.
"I'm involved in some very bad things" he added.

For a moment I shifted uncomfortably, but needed to hear the rest, no matter how painful it was.

"You know you can trust me" I said trying to calm him down.

"I can't tell you. But if you give me a chance, I can show you"

"Show me?"

"Yes" he said, pleading with his eyes to do what he asks. I had no choice.

"Show me then"

"Please, do as I say and don't ask questions. Promise me"

"But..." I said but he interrupted me.

"I said no questions Tessa"

"Fine. I promise. What am I suppose to do?"

"Get dressed and go home. Pack a bag, and meet me back here in an hour"

"Wait, are we going somewhere?"

"Tessa..." he said and rolled his eyes.

"I know, I know. No questions. But if we are leaving, I need to inform Sia at the diner"

"Fine, just tell her you are sick"

"Okay, I'll find something"

"Tessa, hurry!" Hardin shouted and I quickly got dressed and headed out.

I was so confused, didn't know what to assume. Since Molly's visit a while ago, Hardin changed completely again. There must be something serious going on or else he wouldn't want us to leave like this. It was almost dawn, and as I was approaching Josh's house, I was trying to be quiet not to wake up everybody. I slowly entered the living room from the back door, and headed towards his room. I was thankful he was still  asleep, and started gathering my stuff without wasting any time.