Chapter 40 - That Pig

Few Hours Ago

Tessa

It's our last day here at the camp and part of me wants to scream and cry because I don't want to go back home, but on the other hand, I missed my everyday life. The one with Josh at least. All this mess made an impact on my job and well, Sia texted me the other day saying I was over.

Fucking Great

I can't really blame her because I was absent all the time, but good luck finding a new decent place to work now. Josh had an idea of working at the local Library but I passed, because of the extremely low salary.

"Hey Tessa, I'll go for a walk at the woods, care to join?" Mark's voice cut of all my thoughts.

"Where is everybody?" I ask getting up and out from the tent.

"Well Josh and his parents went to get some supplies for the way back and my cousins... well... I have no clue" he chuckled to himself.

It took me a minute to think about it, considering the words that Josh shared about him yesterday, but I guess it's not right to jump in conclusions.

"So?" he asks again.

"Y-yeah, let me just grab my shoes".

The walk in the forest was great. It was still very early and stars were still spread across the sky. I missed being in places so calm as this. Mark and I talked a bit about his life in Chicago and I shared with him how life is back in Washington. As we came to a stop, we sat down on one of those picnic tables that are scattered all around the forest.

"I hope you know how to get back" I said fiving him a half smile.

"Don't worry, I've been here before"

"So how come you left Chicago this year?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

"Well I broke up recently, and needed a change of background. My aunt and uncle were kind enough to let me stay this Christmas"

"I'm sorry to hear that"

"Don't be... she was a total bitch. How about you? Is anyone in the picture?" he said and scooted closer.

"Uhm...sort of. I mean, It's complicated"

"Well... to be honest, I'm glad it is..." he said with a lust in his eyes. With the sun slowly appearing and being the only light thing above us, I could see the smirk and want on his face. I tried to sit further away but he gripped my wrists.

"Come on Tess, I've seen how you look at me... You think I'm blind?" Mark said, leaning slowly towards my ear.

"Mark Please... you are hurting me..."

"Just relax... look at the fading stars, It will be perfect, just the two of us" he said when suddenly, his hand grazed the inside on my thigh and I felt my stomach turn. I grabbed his wrist to stop him but his hands only grabbbed my neck keeping me in place, as I felt his fingers deepening on my neck.

That will seriously leave a bruise

"Mark..." I said now silently sobbing as I am frozen in place. It's happening again.

"Shhh... just don't say anything. You don't need to"

With one swift movement he pushes me up on the table and slowly hovers on top of me. Then my survival instinct kicks in and I become wild, I kick him and push him with every power I have but he backslaps me and I freeze again. With whatever sanity I have, I start screaming for help. Scream and scream until his hand cups my mouth to silence me.

"Shut up you bitch..." he said and I felt his other hand slowly unbuttoning my jeans.

"Playing all innocent on me, you've been avoiding me. I know you have" His disgusting words made me wanna throw up as I squeezed my eyes shut. For one moment, I thought of surrendering, maybe it's my destiny to he raped by someone. It may not be Nathan but Mark will definitely make it. This time there is no one to help me.

"GET OFF HER YOU FUCKING PIG"

I heard a well too familiar voice coming from behind. In within seconds, I felt Mark's body being taken away from mine and then, It's pitch black. I can hear groaning and punches given in the dark. Keeping my eyes shut, I button up my jeans and hide underneath the table afraid to turn around of what I will see and so I keep my eyes shut.

Then it hits me. This voice, wasn't just any voice.

It's him...

---

Hardin

"WHAT??? Josh why did you leave them alone? "

"Dude, I thought he was coming with us but... You should go there, I don't trust him. I only found out he wasn't following when we reached the town. He is driving his own shit"

"God damn... after all these days you decide to enlighten me..." I say through ragged breaths as I put on my jacket back on.
"Send me your location. How long have they been alone?" I ask, already locking my apartment's door heading to the car.

"Around ten minutes, please hurry" he said and I hang up on him before he even said anything.

God damn you Tessa

I slam the pedal heading towards the given adress not caring about the beeps and horns around me. I know Josh has been a good friend and kept his nouth shut because she asked him to, but he shouldn't have left her alone. I don't care if his fucking parents demanded he drives them, I don't fucking care. All I care is Tessa's safety, and she is left alone with that sick cousin of his that tends to hit on everyone.

After half an hour I arrive into the entrance of what seems a parking lot with many tents spread around the area. I quickly bring the car into a stop and run between all these people, scanning faces.

Good luck finding her tent

I take my phone out to call Josh back, but he is out of reach.

"FUUUCK!" I scream, earning a few glances from people around.

I continue to walk, checking every tent I come across for any sign of her or any of her belongings. As I got a bit further into the area, getting away from the many tents, I heard screams.

They were screams of a girl calling for help, and damn they didn't seem anywhere near us. With the sun slowly coming up, I followed the voice, hoping and praying that whoever this person was, wasn't my Tessa. As I got closer, kicking and breaking the bushes to move further, I saw a tall guy hovering above a a girl, practically shuting her mouth with his hand.

Before I step closer, I saw the side of her face... No! It can't be.

"GET OFF HER YOU FUCKING PIG!"