Chapter 47 - Information Flood

Hardin

"I'll be fine mom, you don't have to worry about me" I tell her in a low and calming voice.

"I do worry. I'm your mom, and my job is to worry about you"

"Fine..." I sigh hanging on the call but slightly smiling knowing how caring she is.

"Will you come visit soon? Your grandparents said they were feeling better and thought we should all have a family gathering soon"

"Grandparents thought? Grandma you mean" I say raising a brow.

"Oh hush, they both love you"

"Yeah right. Listen, I have a few things to finish up here. Maybe in a few weeks?"

"Sure, just let me know when you are available"

"Okay mom, I'll call you soon" Sending her my wishes, I close the call and hop in the shower. A while ago Bill gave me a call requesting to meet up at his house. He said it was urgent.

Since that day at his place, I've been receiving copies of Tessa's dad calls, messages, emails and voicemails. I've read some of them and things are really disturbing. I have no idea what to do.

How am I supposed to tell her

Tessa doesn't even want to see me, let alone talk to me. It's been 15 days for fuck sake, and I still haven't grow the balls to knock on that door. I only managed to walk up to her front door holding a rose I grew to know that she loves. Her mum though was very understanding and thank god I didn't run on her dad. He has been in Mexico for business but lies straight to their faces that he is somewhere in Europe. That bastard.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and tried to remember that day. That day, that I saw how pure her little soul is. We were at a playground fooling around after college, and when she saw those roses, such a huge smile appeared on her face.

Flashback

"Hardin... look" she squeals and runs away.

"Tessa... wait" I call and run behind her. What the hell now.

Suddenly she stops in front of a few bushes. I could see the roses rising from behind creating this beautiful scenery. Tessa looked in awe, taking small steps closer. I couldn't understand if it was the roses or the view that caught her attention.

"What is it?" I asked confused, approaching her from behind.

"Look how beautiful they are" she said, softly stroking a red rose that was leaning in front of her.

"Babe..." I said placing my jaw on the crook of her neck, hugging her waist tight. "They are just flowers" I say with a smile.

"No they are not... they are elegant flowers. With such a golden color, they are mesmerising"

"Yeah... so elegant and mesmerising they use them in funerals" I say laughing.

"HARDIN!" She screams slapling my arms.

"What? I mean... okay they look better than some others but still flowers"

" You are so not romantic" she said shaking her head, a slight disappointment forming in her gaze.

"You are right, I'm not"