Chapter 26 - He is here

Hardin

"You don't even know where she is, she could be anywhere" Chris said trying to get my attention. I was zoomed out, looking through the airplane window and recognising the lights from underneath. We were close to landing in Washington and I was ready to run outside this god damn thing and start looking for her.

"I just know it, it must be Hannah"

"Do you really think they would go this far?"

"I don't know man, Hannah maybe not but Jack could" and that was the truth. He was involved with the worst people and could easily pull the strings to kidnapp her and give me a hard time.

"I hope you are right, or else we are back here for nothing"

"I could search the records, see if they boarded in any flight"

"You know those aren't public information" he stated and I was brought back to reality. I kept thinking how Tessa's parents will be worried sick and how they would come looking for me anytime now. Josh had to be informed as well, that's why I had call him as soon as we landed.

---

Seeing my old mustang after a few days feels nice, but the empty passenger seat is enough to fill me up with rage. My mind kept going back to when she would sit next to me, almost mad at me, avoiding eye contact. She looked so beautiful and innocent, with those cute pair of flat shoes she wears and her blond hair falling perfectly on her face.

As soon as we emptied the car and got in the house, I turned on my phone to call Josh.

"Hardin, is that you?"

"Yeah it's me"

"Where is Tessa? I've been trying to reach her, her parents are worried sick!"

"I know man, just listen to me"

"Is everything alright?"

"Short of... I mean, I'm back in Washington"

"Oh that's great, is she with you? I need to talk to her"

"N-no, she is not here"

"Hardin... where is Tessa?" his voice was now angrier, more focused on me.

"She... they took her... I don't know where she is"

"What the fuck do you mean they took her?!"

I grabbed my neck and started pacing around the room desperately tyring to find the right words. I needed all the help I could get to locate her.

"I don't know... I came back to our room and she was gone. I received a picture of her with a threat"

"Oh my god, you better not have her involved in your shit"

"I haven't... I hope so. They took her passport so I figured she was back here"

"So what exactly are you waiting for?"

"I don't have any leads man..."

"That's it Hardin, I'm going to the police. This shit got out of hand"

"No!! Josh, you will put all of us in danger including Tessa, don't go anywhere"

"And what am I supposed to do, wait till she is on the news-"

"SHUT UP! She will be okay, I promise you" I shouted at him, shuting every bad possibility out of my mind, I would go crazy.

"Listen up you stupid fuck" Josh said and honestly, his words took me by surprise as I raised a brow "You are the reason my best friend is going through all this shit, and for what? for someone who wants to play games with her. So quit that attitude cause I'm not having it"