Chapter 15 - You have to trust me

Hardin

I woke up to my phone ringing again from this unknown number.

"What?" I said immediately.

"Easy Scott. Looks like you pulled it through"

"Told you I did it"

"Meet me in a hour. Just the usual coffee shop"

I quickly hung up to get ready. I was about to miss another day of college, but I didn't mind because I would probably get my money and be able to pay back Jack earlier. I threw on a pair of black jeans and a plain t-shirt. I wasn't feeling like showering, so I just had a quick coffee and headed out.

I was eager to get my money, not only to pay my debt but also take Tessa somewhere nice, or even at my place but order something tasty for both. I was really looking forward to see her and have some alone time next to her. Have her eyes on me, and feel her touch on my body, her wet and soft lips on mine, not to mention her habit to bite them, would get me hard right away. I had to keep my hands short though because she was a virgin in everything, so I had to take things slow. Specially after what Josh told me the other night about what this asshole Nathan almost did to her.

I drove downtown and parked just around the corner of that shop we usually meet with this guy I work for. I waited in the car for a few minutes, then I saw him stepping out of another vehicle, that was parked right behind me. He was moving slowly towards me, I could see him from my right mirror. He then opened the passenger seat and climbed in.

"You got the money?" I asked.

"Right here" he said and passed me a yellow envelope.

"Anything else?" I asked after checking the amount.

"Yeah..." he said. "Nice girl you got yourself Scott"

I instantly froze, my eyes went wide, I found my self debating or not to punch him in the face. How could he possibly know about her?

"Leave her alone"I threatened.

"Of course. Just do your job and no one gets hurt" he said with a smirk.

"If you even come close to her I..." I began to say but he grabbed my throat and pulled a gun on my skull.

"You will what? Kill me?" he said.

"Fucking slice your sorry ass in pieces" I replied and instantly regreted it, cause his fist connected twice with my face leaving me with blood all over.

" I'll do my job, don't worry" I then said.

"Good boy Hardin" he replied and pat my cheek like I was some short of a dog. He then made his way out of my car.

Fucking asshole

As I was driving back home, I was trying to figure out how the hell these people knew about Tessa. It's not like we hang out publicly a lot, or have been seen hanging out in general. Was it the freaking mall? or maybe that day in the woods, or even worse when I visited her in the hospital...

Fuck

I had to protect her. These people weren't joking and any wrong move could hurt the people that I lov.... care. Care about. I had to pay my mom's debt faster but I had no idea how. I had to pay 15k, in order for them to  leave all of us alone. Getting another job with a minimum wage wouldn't help a lot, considering that these guys practically call and arrange a job for me any fucking time they want. There was only one other way.

I picked up my phone and rang Jack, while I immediately turned the car around and headed back towards college.

"Hey man, where are you?"