Chapter 38 - It all makes sense

Tessa

"Are we ready to go?" I asked Josh while we loaded the rest of the bags. I had just met his two cousins that seemed just fine to me. Josh wasn't very fond of them while his sisters were having a great time.

"Is everything okay sweetie?" Josh's mom asked me.

"Yeah, I just have a lot in my head lately"

"Don't worry Tess, I'm sure you will figure it out like you always do"

"I hope so too mrs Mary"

"Please call me Mary, I've known you for years" she said rubbing my back. I gave her a huge smile and took my seat in the car next to Josh.

I was very excited to go on my first camping but I would prefer if me and Hardin were in this car, holding hands and talking about life. But who am I kidding, Hardin will never do that let alone talk about future plans with me, he can't even keep an honest face for more than two days. I kept on having my phone turned off and warned my mom to always reach me out through Josh.

Things with my dad are still kinda weird. He is more distant now and it affects all of us, specially my mom that spends more time in the guestroom than with him. Whatever happened at work took a good piece of him and I don't see it going away any time soon.

---

Hardin

I tried to slowly open my god damn eyes but the more I was trying, the more this headache kicked in.

What the hell happened?

Where the fuck am I?

I was only wearing my boxers and I was under the covers of an unknown bed.

Oh boy

I stood up as fast as I could and got dressed. I made my way out and that's when it hit me. Fucking Leslie.

"Morning" she said, holding a cup in her hand having this awful grin on her face. She was only wearing a thick robe that only made my insides turn. Unfortunately I could still remember the times we slept together no matter how hard I tried to get them out of my head.

"So how are you feeling?" she asked again, taking a sip.

"Heavy... what the hell happened?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I'm not surprised you don't remember a thing. You were pretty wasted" she said taking a seat at the table and holding out a chair for me.
"I drove you here, there was no way I was gonna let you drive in that state... not that I care, but you would probably kill someone innocent"

"Ha ha very funny" I said and placed my head in my hands.

"Relax, nothing happened... you were pretty horny though I must admit"

"What do you mean?"

"You tried kissing me and stuff but no way boy" she giggled. "When we came home I left you in my room and I took the couch instead"

I felt a huge weight leaving my shoulders the moment those words came out of her mouth and for a moment I was thankful.

"Thank you I guess" I said and gave her a small smile.

"So... that girl of yours, how is she?"

"She is fine"

"It's nice you found someone" she said and gave me a genuine smile.

"Yeah, like I said, she is fine... now that we are not together"

"Ow... that was a damn fast plot twist"