Chapter 7 - Party time

Tessa

Hardin was staring at me from the drive way as I was running towards the entrance. I wanted to hide as fast as possible. I had a lot of things to process and Hardin wasn't making it easier for me. I threw my bag next to the door and run up to my room. All I can remember is sobbing on my poor pillow. Tears coming down my face uncontrollably. Part of me needed him here with me, to hold me, to kiss me and tell me that everything was going to be alright. But no, he is not that kind of a person. It's impossible that Hardin could love or care for someone else, and it was obvious from his actions. I needed to be with someone right now. I grabbed my phone and called Josh.

"Hey girl, where have you been?" Josh says.

"Josh... can you please come over?"

"Tess, are you alright? Have you been crying?" he asked me worried.

"Josh... yeah.. I need to talk to you"

"Of course, I'll be on my way after this class"

I had completely forgotten that tonight was the party that Kate invited us. I was absolutely certain that Hardin would be there with his group of friends and make fun of me like they did back at the diner.

Perfect

Before I knew it, Josh was at my front door ringing my bell. I run downstairs to open up, anticipating his visit. When I did, I immediately threw myself in his arms and he hold me there for a few minutes, trying his best to calm me down.

"Oh my god Tessa... it was him right?"

"How did you know?"

"Men Tess... just men" he said with a chuckle as he wiped my tears away.

"You were right Josh, he was fucking Kate"

"Tess, Im sorry"

"And guess what. Kate is dating Connor"

"What? Seriously now?" he asked me with confusion and surprise. "Then why is she fucking with Hardin?"

"Damn me if I know Josh"

We both headed up to my room and sat on my bed. Josh brought some jellos and crisps for when I had a terrible mood. He knows me so well.

"Tell me what happened Tessa"

"I asked him about Kate. At first he said he was just helping her to check on Connor"

"So the girl at the movies was Kate?"

"Yeah... that's what he said"

"Holy shit, can you imagine what would happen if Connor saw them?"

"Yeah.."

"So what he said was far from the truth right?"

"Yeah. They were fooling around"

"Damned"

"Hardin came by my house this morning. That's why I didn't show up. He wanted to explain"

"Did he come clean at least?"

"Yeah he did. And I got furious"

"I can imagine"

"Josh... he kissed me"

"What?... wait... what again?" he said covering his mouth with his hands.

"Yeah he asked me if I was having feelings for him"

"And what did you say?"

"I told him to leave me alone. I can't go through the same shit. He is fucking everything that moves. There is no way I will give him my virginity so that he can brag about it to his friends. Its disgusting"