2

As the workday went on, Mae found herself helping all over the arena. Helping in the box office, backstage and in the loading bays where the stage equipment was. She stopped for just a second to check the time and realized it was already nearing 4 PM. The doors for the show were to be opening in another hour meaning the chaos was coming.

She made her way towards the back of the arena to see if there was anyone that needed anything to do before she called it quits for the day. It wasn't until just then that she realized she totally forgot about her encounter with Billie this morning.

She walked past one of the merch tables on her way backstage and stopped to admire their set up. It was then that one of the posters they had sitting on the table caught her eye. Green Day was playing tonight, this she knew. She knew a few songs of course; who didn't? But she was never much of a fan. Not even because she didn't like their music, just in that she found other bands or hobbies.

She glanced at the poster and took notice of the 3 men in the picture. One was slender with platinum blonde hair that stood straight up, he appeared to be the tallest of the trio. Next to him, was a man with bitch black hair that went wherever it wanted. He had beautiful green eyes from what she could tell that was lined with thick black eyeliner. The last of the group was a man with probably one of the goofiest faces she had ever seen. He also had bright blue hair. She assumed he was. Their drummer, as he was holding a pair of drumsticks under his arm. He looked to be as short as the man to his right, but maybe not quite as skinny. They looked like a lively group of men. She smiled to herself as she set back towards the stage.

As she got closer she felt her phone vibrate from her back pocket. As she pulled it out there was a text message notification.

still on for that drink rite?

She chuckled to herself as she typed back her response.

of course! Should be done soon.

"Mae, honey!" She looked up from her phone to see her father standing at the bottom of the stairs, in front of the stage.

"Hey, dad!" She smiled as she made her way down.

"How's your day been? Are you gonna stay to enjoy the show?"

"I might for a bit. I don't really know much from these guys."

"Really? I figured you were a fan!" He smirked.

"Dad, just because I have tattoos and dye my hair black doesn't mean I listen to other bands that do the same." She snorted. Her dad was only joking. She knew that much. She was always free to be herself. Her parents never controlled her to the point of rebelling. They wanted to make sure she was her own person.

"Well, I was just making sure Steve didn't need anything before I rolled out. You have fun okay? Why don't you come over for dinner or something this weekend? Mom misses the hell out of you kid." She was pulled into a quick hug.

"Yeah, sounds good. Bye, dad. Love you." She smiled and waved him off. As she turned around, she found Steve which is one of the main stage leads.

"Hey, dude. Need any help?"

"Mae! Nah we're good actually. These guys knew what the hell they were doing and they were totally prepared. They're hanging out around back though if you wanna go say hey!" Steve motioned towards the side of the stage. She thanked him and made her way.

When she found herself backstage she found two of the 3 men from the picture. The tall blonde and the one with the blue hair.

"Hey there, I'm Mae. I work for the arena. I just wanted to come say hi and see if you guys need anything?"