21

Billie Joe got an Uber as soon as he hung up the phone and only. Threw some random clothes into a book bag. He honestly wasn't even sure if he had the proper amount of things for that matter, but he didn't care. All he cared about was being there with Maegan.

His flight landed at midnight and he already had an Uber waiting for him by the time he landed in DC. Luckily there was next to no traffic at 12:30 AM on a weekday and he was dropped off in no time.

He hadn't tried to call Mae just yet; he wanted to try and get there without bothering her. He rushed into the lobby to find a receptionist.

"I'm here to see my girlfriend Maegan Starr. She knows I'm coming.." Billie tried to catch his breath and not speak so fast.

"She hasn't been admitted yet, so I'm not sure I can let you back just yet.." she didn't even look at Billie Joe, she was still just looking at her computer.

"Ma'am. Please. She knows I'm coming, She's scared and in pain." He felt like he was begging, and quite honestly, it looked like it was working. The receptionist looked around at the very empty waiting room and sighed. She pressed a button on the wall and motioned to her left, Billies right, that a door was opening.

"Thank you so fucking much!" He pleaded as he walked back. He still didn't know where she was, but he was closer and that's all that mattered. He found yet another nurse that was actually able to direct him to her room.

He tapped lightly to let her know he was coming in. "Mae, babe?" Nothing. He poked his head through the curtain and found her lying in the bed, practically in a ball, sound asleep. He walked over to her and moved the hair from her face.

"Hey, sweetheart. I'm here." She began to stir and smiled weakly as she saw her boyfriend. She sat up quickly and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"God, I'm so glad you're here." She kept her composure.

"Did they do any more tests or say anything else?" Billie pulled away slightly, dropping his book bag on the floor next to Mae's purse and grabbed the closest chair to pull up.

"They took some blood and did another sonogram type thing... but that was honestly like an hour ago. I'm so fucking tired and I just wish this was a nightmare so I can wake up and go back to normal." Billie could tell Mae was exhausted. He wasn't sure how he was still functioning after catching a last-minute flight across the country. But chalked it up to adrenaline.

"Well, hopefully, they give you some answers soon. If you want, go back to sleep baby." He grabbed her hand.

"Mmm as bad I want to, I cant." She had a weak smile. "Believe it or not, I'm super fucking excited you're here." Mae squeezed his hand.

As if on command, the same doctor from earlier, Dr. Hanes, knocked on the door and came inside.

"Oh hello! You must be the boyfriend from earlier?" He smiled as he held out his hand for Billie.

"Yes, sir. Just got here."

"Very nice. Well, the results are back. After carefully looking through the sonograms, and blood tests, it would seem that the embryo has attached itself pretty severely to the wall of your Fallopian tube. Normally there are medications we can give you that will- flush everything out if you will. Being that it's pretty much stuck there, going in to remove the embryo might cause more damage than if we were to go in and remove the whole tube." Billie's grip on Mae's hand tightened, but he said nothing as the doctor continued.

"Were going to get you set up in a room, and we will perform the surgery in the morning." He flashed her a sympathetic smile once again.

Mae let her head fall back on the bed with her eyes closed. Billie felt terrible. With her eyes closed, she still looked so overwhelmed. "Have you called your parents?"

"Fuck." Mae sighed again. "I probably should." She immediately grabbed her phone and didn't hesitate to give her mom a call, disregarding the time.

Billie sent a text to Adrienne to see if she was still awake. When she replied almost instantly, he stepped into the hall to give her a quick call.

"Hey, 80."

"Bill, what's wrong?" It made him chuckle at how instinctive she was, especially with him. She could still read him better than most.

"Mae. She has an etop-.. ep-topic pregnancy?" He stumbled over the correct word, and still sounded unsure.

"Oh my goodness. Did you guys know..?"

"No." He cut her short. "we didn't. She's only a few weeks.. but she's pretty overwhelmed.. uh. She's going to have surgery in the morning to remove her Fallopian tube. Apparently, it's like, latched onto the wall and removing the .. embryo could do more damage than if they took the whole thing."

"Jesus Christ." Adrienne sighed. ".. wait. Are you there?!"

"Yeah I took the last flight out, I pretty Much just got here."

"Well, if you need anything let me know okay?"

"I just don't know what to do for her.."

"B, you're doing it. You're there. That's all she needs from you, trust me."

"Thanks, Adrienne." He smiled lightly.

"Now get back in there and tell her I'm thinking of her. And that my phone is always on."

"Will do. Bye 80." Billie walked back into the room to see Mae looking at her phone.

"Adrienne says she's thinking of you and that her phone is always on if you need someone."

"That's sweet. My mom will be here tomorrow morning." Billie nodded his head. They were both so exhausted. Luckily it didn't take long for a nurse to come and transport Mae to her room. Once settled and after Billie placed the bags down, he opened the giant window and chuckled.

"Well, at least you have a nice view." Mae playfully rolled her eyes. As she rolled over into her side, still facing Billie Joe.

"Go to bed sweetheart. They're going to be here to take you for surgery before you know it." She gave a small nod, her eyes already closed.

A/n: I cannot believe this his 1k reads! Thank you so much for the love! I'm still so happy with this book. Here's an update for the milestone! I hope y'all are safe!