17

This was their first fight. Every couple has one. It's just something you go through. You can't have a perfect relationship without a little argument here and there.

Mae was very aware she overreacted. So was Billie Joe. He knew he didn't have to call her a child. He knew it would strike a nerve, so he said it without thinking.

Mae wanted to run up to him and hug him and never let go. But she knew he needed to calm down as much as she did. She sat on the edge of the large plush bed and took a few deep breaths. She grabbed her phone once again and dialed Erica's number.

"Hey lovely. How is Cali?!" She answered almost instantly.

"It's beautiful. Coming home is gonna suck." She tried to sound as positive as she could.

"Okay, what's wrong."

Mae chuckled. Erica could always tell what was going on in Mae's voice. "Billie Joe and I had Our first .. fight? I guess "

"Damn I'm sorry. What was it about?"

"someone from a random email sent me a link to some tabloid site. It had pictures of Billie and one of their family friends at a bar a few weeks ago. And me being me, I overreacted and that caused him to yell back .. and now I'm calling you to calm myself down so you can tell me it'll be fine." Mae sighed.

"Well, you're right. It will be fine. You know it will be. Just go find him and tell him you're sorry. Then have mind-blowing makeup sex." She paused. "That's the best!"

"You're a mess. But. Thank you for that. You said exactly what I needed To hear."

"Well. I haven't talked to you since before you left! How is Cali really? I wanna hear it all. Does Mr. Green Day live in a mansion?"

Mae talked to her best friend for the next 45 minutes. Giving her and her partner ample time to calm down. About 5 minutes before she ended the call, she could hear the soft sounds of an acoustic guitar coming from a different part of the house. She still felt like she should give him some space.

Mae got up and decided to take a nice shower to calm her nerves. Once she was done and cleaned up is when she decided she would go find him.

She let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding as she went into her suitcase for a change of lounge clothes. It was already 6 pm and she didn't really think they'd be going anywhere she needed to be decent for if at all.

Because Billie Joe's house was more modern it took her a minute to figure out how to turn the damn shower on, but she eventually figured it out and let the water warm up before stepping in.

Warm showers are always the best place to take a minute and reflect on .. life. Mae knew she had it bad for Billie Joe, she was done trying to deny that. But now she couldn't help but worry about the age difference even though she knew she shouldn't.

Billie was already established. He had all these adult friends whose kids grew up with his, and friends that he has because of his wife.. well ex-wife. On the plus side, his ex-wife is super sweet and seems to be supportive which made her feel much better.

She made a mental note to make sure she met Adrienne at least once before she left.

As Billie sat downstairs plucking his guitar, he was making already calming down. He was fine, to be honest. His temper got the best of him, which tends to happen more often than it should. He heard the shower finally stop, meaning Mae was done. He was hoping she was going to come find him eventually. He knew enough to know that he should let her come to him.

Mae only had a couple more days left in her stay and he did not want to spend it like this. He finally heard movement on the staircase and went back to plucking the strings on his guitar.

"Babe?" Mae's voice called out quietly.

"In here!" Billie called out. She rounded the corner and almost appeared to be holding back a smile.

"Hi," There was a slightly awkward pause. "Look, I'm really fucking sorry okay? I know Know I overreacted, I should have just listened to you-"

"Stop," was all Billie Joe said

Mae listened and was taken back. "What?"

"Stop. I overreacted too. I should have told you what I was doing the night it happened.. the night we went out."

Mae looked down for a moment. "Next time; that's all I ask. You're a grown man. You have friends and I get that. It was just the worst situation. Having that sent to me was the fucking worst."

Billie got up and wrapped his arms around Mae's shoulders. "I know sweetheart." She sighed. Almost like she let out a breath she was holding. Billie looked at her with a sympathetic smile but didn't hesitate to pull his girlfriend in for a kiss. A kiss that lasted longer than she thought.

"Is this where we run upstairs and have really amazing makeup sex?" Mae smirked as she stepped back from Billie, her hand still linked with his.

"Not if we just say fuck it and do it here"

A/n: heyooooo. I managed to update and edit all chapters. Thank. Gawd. Moving on! Please please please comment and vote! Lemme know what you think!