15

"Sweetheart. Maegan. We're here!" Billie was rubbing Mae's arm as to try and get her to wake up. She didn't even realize she fell asleep. Guilt washed over her.

"Shit I'm so sorry!" She sat up and glanced out the window.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Let's get you inside." Billie chuckled. She smiled as they both exited the car and walked to the trunk where her suitcase was.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" Billie teased as they walked up to the door. The House wasn't a huge mansion, but it was a modest size from what Mae could tell.

Inside the house was almost as she expected it to be. You could tell a single male lived here. It was dark, and modern with some old school touches here and there.

"Let's take this-" he juggled the handle of the rolling suitcase he was holding, "Upstairs and then I'll give you a tour if you want." Mae smiled and nodded her head as Billie turned and made his way for the staircase just left of the front door.

The wall on the staircase was lined with tons of pictures that caught Mae's attention. There were pictures of Green Day at some old concerts from the looks of it, a few of his sons from what he could tell and then he still had a picture from his wedding. It was a group shot of a bunch of people, but the only ones he recognized were his wife, Mike, and Trey. She found herself smiling lightly before catching up to Billie at the top of the staircase.

"And this... is where the magic happens!" Billie laughed. "Wow remind me to never say that again. I can assure you there has been no magic-making in this room." This caused Mae to smile. Really smile. She felt so happy just being with him again. His humor and his laugh just made her heart jump.

She didn't realize she was staring when Billie called her name again. "You good?" He grabbed Mae's hand, bringing her back to reality.

"Yeah! I'm great! Just, really happy to be here." She smiled warmly. "Sorry, that was fucking cheesy."

"Lucky for you, I love cheese." Billie pulled her close to connect their lips and a soft kiss.

"God, you're just as bad." She laughed as she pulled away slightly.

"I'm really glad you're here too though. I barely fucking slept last night. I felt like a kid on Christmas." Billie laughed.

"Yeah. Thankfully I did cause the flight kicked my ass!" Mae smiled. Billie could tell how tired she was. He grabbed her hand once again and pulled her over to his bed. By the looks of it, it has to be a King size bed. It looked heavenly. The comforter was grey and white and looked super fluffy. She put her phone on the nightstand next to Billie's and kicked her shoes off as quickly as possible before practically leaping into the bed.

Billie followed behind her laying his head on the pillow as he pulled Mae close, letting her snuggle against his chest. In all but a whisper, Billie spoke again, "I've been waiting for this moment for so long." He kissed her forehead softly. "I'm so fucking happy."

"Mmm me too babe." And that was all Mae could muster before she was out like a light.

xxx

Mae and Billie woke up what felt like days later. Mae began to stretch, which in turn woke Billie up slowly. She didn't want to fully wake him up by reaching over him for her phone to check the time, so she glanced around the room, hoping to find a clock or something to help her out. No luck.

"Hello there." Billie's voice was groggy, but still so sexy.

"mmm hello," Mae smiled as she gave up on her quest for the current time. "I feel so much better." She laughed.