3

Mae hung out with Green Day for the rest of the night up until it was time for them to go on stage. She stood on the side of the stage and held her hand out for them to high five as they ran past.

"You gonna hangout for the whole show?" Billie asked quickly as he began to get jittery.

"Possibly.." Mae teased. "I'm officially intrigued. I wanna see what this," She waved her hand at Billie and towards the stage. "Is all about."

"Well. I hope you are. I'd love to know what you think. But. If not. I'll catch ya later. Adios!" And with that Billie ran out onstage and the crowd roared. It was impressive, to say the least.

Mae watched as Billie and Mike interacted with the sold-out arena. You could tell they'd been doing it for a while that's for sure. It looked like they were at home. Tre bashed on his drums making some crazy faces and clearly having the time of his life. Billie jumped around as he played his guitar and sang along with the crowd.

She realized that she knew more songs than she thought. She sang along with a few of them and tapped her feet and hands to the ones she didn't. Their stage presence was addicting.

All three guys along with 2 other men I hadn't met came off stage in a rush.

"I need A fucking shower," Tre shouted as he came off stage. "Mae! You stayed! Here come give me a hug!" He wrapped his arms around Mae despite her efforts of trying to push him away. Billie walked up from behind them.

"Tre stop harassing the poor woman!" Bille playfully pushed the drummer off of Mae.

"Why?! So you can do it instead?!" Tre teased.

"That's enough from you sir. Go take your shower you fucking dirtball." Billie laughed and pushed him away.

"I've gotta get back to it, but thanks for staying. Hope you had fun!" Billie smiled before grabbing the acoustic guitar from the stand and walking back on stage alone.

He began to sing a beautiful acoustic song. Mae found herself mesmerized.

"Baby I don't have much, but what we have is more than enough, ordinary world.."

Mae made a mental note to mention to Billie that she liked the song. But it was over just as quickly as it started.

"DC! You've been fucking awesome. Thank you for having us. We love you so much" Billie yelled into the mic before looking down at his guitar and began playing a very familiar song.

Mae new Good Riddance. Everyone does. She sang along with Billie and watched him from the side of the stage.

Billie looked over to his left surprised to see Mae, her full attention on him as she sang along. Billie couldn't help the quick smile that formed on his lips. He quickly turned back to the mic to finish the last verse.

When he was done singing, he strummed the last few notes before yelling "Goodnight" into the mic one last time and walking off stage as the lights went off.

Mae smiled at Billie as he walked back over to her. He took the towel that one of the Roadies handed him and wiped his forehead.

"So. What did you think?" Bille stood waiting for his answer.

"I was very impressed. You'll be happy to know I knew more songs than I thought I did." She smiled.

"Yeah, I  saw you singing over here." Mae tried her hardest not to but found herself blushing once again. Mae pulled her phone from her pocket and checked the time. It was just about 11 at night she then batted around the idea of if she should head home or not. She had work tomorrow but knew she could go in a little late. She was brought from her thoughts by Billie calling her name.

"Mae! Hey, welcome back!" He teased. "What's going on up there."

"Oh just wondering if I should head home or not. I. The ordinary person here, have work tomorrow in the morning." She joked.

"I have work tomorrow too. Just at night." Billie winked. "Well hey, I totally get it if you wanna head home. If you want I'll walk you back."

"Yeah, that'd be great." Mae smiled. She watched as Billie tossed the hand towel he was holding and pulled his shirt off quickly. She tried to keep her eyes from staring at him, but couldn't help it. He had beautiful tattoos all over his arms and some on his chest. He wasn't buff or anything, but you could tell he worked out at least a little bit. Overall he was a pretty attractive man.

"Ok let's go!" Billie motioned towards the back door when they bumped into one other previously.

Even though they had just met, both Mae and Billie didn't want this night to be over. They both had been having s blast with one another's company even though they honestly barely knew one another. They laughed and chatted the whole way back to Mae's apartment building.

"Well, this is me." Mae tried to hide the disappointment in her voice.

"Thanks for hanging out with us! You make a great hype man..woman." Billie laughed.

"Thanks, I had a lot of fun. If you guys don't end up leaving for NYC early tomorrow give me a call." Mae offered with a smile.

"I'll be sure to do that." They both didn't know what to do at this point. "It was really nice meeting you, Billie."

"Well, the pleasure is all mine. I'll talk to you later Mae."

"Bye. Be safe out there on your way back." Was all Mae said as she smiled at him before walking inside.

She really hoped she would get that call tomorrow.