5

It took Mae a moment to realize that Billies lips were pressed to his. She didn't mean to, but she froze under his touch. Before she could react properly though Billie pulled away again.

"Shit Mae I'm sorry I shouldn't hav-" Billie stammered but Mae cut him off.

"Hey," she placed her hand on his as she sat up once again. "I don't mind. I'm not mad either." She smiled. "I just wasn't expecting it is all. Honestly, I don't want to rush into anything. I love spending time with you and I've had a blast getting to know you." Mae gave Billie a genuine smile. A smile that could make Billie melt. She didn't realize the effect she had on him. Which was probably for the best.

"Okay. Fair enough. Tell me about you then. Somethings you haven't mentioned yet." Billie pulled Mae back to his chest as he put his arm around her shoulders.

"I don't know man. I'm 25, almost 26. I'm an only child. I've lived in DC my whole life. I have natural brown hair.? I suck at describing myself." Mae laughed as she closed her eyes and snuggled into Billie further.

"Okay. An only child huh? must be nice. I'm one of 6." Billie chuckled.

"Shit." Mae scoffed. "Well go on. Tell me more." She pressed.

"I'm not gonna mention my age again because you make me feel old as shit. I taught myself how to play the guitar, well with the help of my dad. I've lived in California my whole life.." he paused for a moment. "I guess I should mention that I've been divorced for a few years now and I have 2 sons, joey and Jakob." Even though Mae wasn't looking at Billie, she could hear the smile in his voice. And honestly, the idea of Billie having an ex-wife scared her more than his children.

"How old are they? Your boys."

"Joey will be 21 in February and Jakob will be 18 this summer," Billie spoke matter of factly as he rubbed Mae's arm.

Her eyes shot open and slowly sat up to look at Billie. "You have a son who's only a few years younger than me!?"

Billie cocked his head to the side as he smiled at Mae. "Look, don't let the age get to you. Since I've gotten to know you I don't even think about it anymore. Because it's irrelevant. All that matters is this." Billie pointed his fingers back and forth between the two of them.

"Okay. I'm still intimidated by the fact that you have an ex-wife." Mae laughed.

"Don't be. She's harmless. We're still great friends. She's been trying to set me up with women for months now." Billie playfully rolled his eyes. That did kind of make Mae feel a bit better.

xxx

Mae was woken up by the most annoying sound she'd ever heard. She shot up as her eyes bulged. She realized she wasn't at home.

"Shit! What time is it?!" She panicked. Billie soon sat up as well.

"Hey, calm down." Billie stretched his arms above his head.

"It's okay. It's like 3 am. I set an alarm because you looked so cute and so exhausted." Mae relaxed and nodded her head.

"Thanks" she spoke shyly.

"Let's get you home. Do you wanna walk or call for an Uber?" Billie asked as he put his hoodie back on.

"It doesn't matter to me!" She smiled.

"Ok well, it's not far. Let's go." Billie smiled and lead her off the bus. They walked in a comfortable silence which was mostly due because they were both still half asleep. Halfway through the walk, Billie wrapped his arm around Mae's shoulder and she absentmindedly laced her right hand into his as it hung from her shoulder.

"Have fun on tour." Mae smiled.

"I wish I could have met you later down the road, so there wasn't as much time in between meeting you and getting to see you again." Billie signed. It was true. He definitely wasn't done with Mae. He couldn't get enough of her.

"I'll see you soon. Just text me." Billie pulled Mae in for a quick hug as they approached her building. He also gave her a kiss on the cheek. Mae couldn't help but blush.

"Bye Maegan." Billie took a step backward as he smirked at the dark-haired woman in front of him.

Mae didn't even care that she'd just been called by her first name. She was certainly going to miss this man, and that scared the shit out of her.