CHAPTER 20: More Questions Unanswered

CHARLIZE

I really was sorry and had felt bad for all that I said to Lesley and I'm really glad that Taragon and I were able to talk things out last night.

I know it's normal for couples to fight and everything but do you ever feel like the fights you and your significant other get into are bigger than they truly are and you feel that there is no fixing it? Well that's how I felt. Mostly I think because it was our first real serious fight.

So when I awoke the next morning, Lesley and I talked a little more and actually had gotten to know one another even more and I have to say that he actually isn't so bad of a guy after all.

For the next couple pf weeks, we seemed to get along a lot better and then FINALLY got to hear back from the Elders to tell us more about the book and the head Elder actually suggested we met him at his office.

So both Taragon and I went along with Lesley and a few others that of course had become like our own personal bodyguards.

Once inside the office and after we took a seat, Taragon handed the head elder the book.

"So we have been trying to figure out in why we found this book and if any of you guys knew about this." Taragon started.

"I'm afraid that I knew about this book but I honestly had no clue it was inside the house." The head Elder states with a look of confusion yet guilt?

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"You have to understand that although us councilmen, including Elders like myself  have a lot of power. The truth is, my brother is the author of this book. He knew someone that tried to play god practically and then failed, as many do, unfortunately the one that failed ended up being more aggressive and powerful unlike any other hybrids that have been in our entire existence. After we finally captured it, we really dis feel as though we were safe." He stops himself.

"Have you or anybody figure out yet how he escaped?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, not yet. However, I do have my suspicions that Horrace is very close by and I also fear that somebody, such as one of the guards, let him out." He tells us.

What? But why would they do that knowing the havoc it will bring to all of us, not to mention the consequences for breaking the oath of protecting the inmates?" Taragon asks him.

"I'm not sure but whoever it was, must not have belonged because many of the guards that day were killed. Not so much by the hybrid but from the guard." He tells us.

Taragon and I both look at each other feeling a bit worried more now than we ever were before.

"So what do we do?" Taragon asks.

"Just continue doing what all you can and we will just have to keep in touch and go from there." He mentions.

"Alright. But what about the thing that'll kill it?" I mention.

"It's a weapon that for many reasons has been buried in an unmarked location and is very hard to retrieve." He states.

"What do you mean? It states here that it's the only thing that can kill it." I point out.

Then suddenly it hit me.

"Oh my god." I say underneath my breath as I just realized something.

"What?" Taragon asks.

"Sir, with all do respect, you don't want it dead."

Taragon looks at the man confused.

"That can't be true." He says.

"I'm afraid it is. There is so much that we have tried throughout the years in figuring out what creates this thing to be what it is and why it's so powerful. There's many things we could learn." He tells us.

"Like playing god? That's what humans do but do you ever see the end result? It always ends badly." I point out.

"You both really should be going." He tells us while standing up and bowing to us as we do the same in return for respect.

Leaving there knowing all of this now and the look on his face when he just mentioned for us to leave, there are things that I wanted to say but couldn't for some reason.

However, we need that weapon to kill it in case it does come around.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Should they go against the laws or request from the head elder? 🤔🤔