Zach Ending

Y/n's POV
  It's been twenty years since I chose to be with Zach at the concert. We are now married and we have two kids; an eight-year-old named Jack Herron and a five-year-old named Grace Herron.

One day, Zach and I were in the car talking while waiting for our kids to get out of school. Then, Grace came in and opened the car door and slammed it shut while crying. Zach and I looked at her wide-eyed.

"Grace what happened?" I asked her, reaching to the backseat to pull her hair out of her face. Then, Jack came in and saw Grace and asked the same thing I asked.

"Some girls were p-picking on me b-because I was using blue to color a girl's clothes instead of pink!" Grace said and started crying harder.

Kids these days. (When I was in Kindergarten, I remember that there was this "class argument" when a boy was using pink to color something and other kids started saying that it was a girl's color)

"You're allowed to use any color! Many girls also like the color blue." Zach said soothingly.

"Yeah! They're just being dumb." Jack said. However, Grace kept crying. Jack started staring at the back on my seat pensively, furrowing his eyebrows. It seemed as if he was choosing between a difficult decision.

Finally, Jack sighed and said, "If you stop crying, I'll play dolls with you."

Grace's eyes brightened and looked at Jack with hope and asked, "Really?" Jack slowly nodded his head looking down at his lap.

"Ok then! I love you Jack!" She said and pulled him into a hug. Jack had a small smile and hugged her back.

Zach and I looked at each other and he said, "I'm glad that our kids get along well."

I smiled and looked back at our kids and said, "Yeah, me too."

After we drove home, our kids went off to do their homework while Zach hugged me from behind and rocked me from side to side.

"You make me the happiest man alive." He said.

"You mean boy." I replied and giggled. Zach hugged me even tighter.

"I love you Y/n."

"I love you too, Zach."

___________________________

Word Count: 379