Nothing Left to Cling To

Dear Diary,

Damn it's really been a while hasn't it? I didn't really think that I'd get back to writing like this but I'm freaking out and maybe this will help. So you're probably wondering what I've been up to the past few years. Well, I finished up my undergrad a NYU where I double majored in Biochemistry and Spanish. Connor and I managed to make long distance  work during college (He went to UCLA). It was hard to be away from him, and mom, and everyone at Grey Sloan and  New York was a huuuge change from Seattle;  did you know that everyone crosses at red lights here?? Anyway I guess not everything is different, I made some great friends, had some really good bagels, and eventually got some of my GSMH peeps to join the dark side and come to the East Coast.  Callie and Penny moved out here during my sophomore year. They brought a little bit of that home comfort with them and having one of my closest friends nearby was really nice. They split up during my junior year :( but Callie and Arizona have been talking a lot lately and I think that Z might move out here too! (fingers crossed) Anyway, I've spent enough time telling you about the past four years, now I get to move on to bigger and better things... hopefully. I guess that brings us to present day: me, sitting in my worn out UCLA sweatshirt, hands shaking as I look at the letter in front of me. It's from the University of Washington School of Medicine. This one piece of paper will determine my entire future. Will I become a doctor or not? ... (well I mean I got into Yale and Vanderbuilt med schools already but we all know that going back to Seattle would be my first choice). Any way... Here goes nothing. 

.............

AAAAHHHH I've gotta call mom!

-Mattie