Coming Back Home

Dear Diary,

Wow do I have a lot to tell you. First off let me apologize for not writing in such a long time. After Frankie died I realized how short life really is and decided to take the trip to Spain that I had always been dreaming of. It was absolutely magical. I met so many family members I never even knew I had and they’re all amazing! The sights, the sangria, the crazy adventures… sigh. Anyway I’m back in Seattle and can’t believe all that’s happened while I’ve been gone. First of all Cristina’s in Switzerland. I actually stopped there on my way home from Spain to see her since I never got to say goodbye. She seems really happy there and she’s doing such incredible work it really is perfect for her. I thought that Cristina not being around would be the strangest thing when I got back to GSMH but boy was I wrong. I have two words for you: Maggie Pierce.

Yes Cristina’s replacement is, as it turns out, Meredith’s sister. Yeah you heard that right Meredith’s SISTER! Apparently, Richard got Ellis pregnant just before she moved to Boston with Meredith. Webber never knew about the baby of course and Ellis put her up for adoption as soon as she was born so no one ever knew a thing; not even Mer who was too young to really understand what had happened. Anyway Meredith tried to deny it for a while and even called Maggie a liar but eventually she realized that there was no denying it. Richard didn’t tell Pierce that he’s her biological father right away so she’s pissed at him. OH also Amelia’s here! It’s pretty funny actually because she and Maggie became friends and ya know Meredith’s half sister and her sister in law hanging out, it’s pretty ironic. Anyway Maggie is really nice! I don’t know her all that well yet but I really like her.

Also I came back to find out that Callie and Arizona had separated. I’m gonna be honest and say that it broke my heart to hear the news. They’re two of my closest friends and I loved their dynamic as a couple. As far as I heard they took a 30 day break per Arizona’s request and then Callie realized she didn’t want to try to fix their marriage anymore. I can’t blame her and I’m just sad for them both.

In other news I had a heartfelt reunion with Connor before heading off to the hospital this morning! He was waiting at the airport with my mom and picked me up and spun me around the moment he saw me. It was like a scene from a movie and completely exhilarating. The three of went out for lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant and I just kept thinking about how nice it was to see them in person instead of on my computer. Connor told me I was never allowed to leave the country for an extended period of time without him again, gave me a kiss, and then drove me to the hospital.

Ooh Connor’s here to pick me up for dinner with his family so I have to go but I’ll write more soon!

-          Mattie

Author's note: Sorry it took me so long to update. I just didn't know what to write and I've been really busy with school and working and the SAT's and pretty much the overall stress of junior year. But I promise I'll try to update alot more once Grey's comes back on the 29th!!! Thank you so much for reading!!!