Chapter 9

"Welcome to the UA Sports Festival!" said Midnight, cracking her whip in the air. The crowd cheered and blushed at the sight of the scantily clad hero.

Time Skip: (because I'm lazy) FIRST EVENT: obstacle course

[Y/N]'s POV:

I stood at the start line, getting jostled left and right by others trying to get in front.

"Ready? Begin!" I heard Mic's voice boom. I immediately ran forwards, using my quirk to get ahead. I slowed down time and ran forward through the course, I looked behind me and saw that Todoroki had completely frozen the ground, trapping the majority of students. As he Bakugou, Momo, Aoyama, and Kirishima ran forward, I loosened my quirk and gave them a thumbs up. I could hear Mic's commentary on me and my classmates in slow motion. I turned and took off running, coming face to face with the robots from the entrance exams. This is too easy. I simply weaved through them and continued on. I faced the next obstacle within a minute, but what seemed like a couple of seconds to the crowd. I sighed, there was no clear way across the chasm in front of me beside the rope course set up.

About halfway across, I could hear explosions, I turned and saw Bakugou and Todoroki had caught up, crap, I thought as I started to crawl faster. I managed to get across before they could pass me. I took a breath and enhanced the strength of my quirk, making me dizzy, I have to do this, I have to win. I pushed through the nausea and ran to the next obstacle. A minefield. Great. I made my way through it as carefully as possible, I got across and ran to the finish line, releasing my quirk as I ran into the stadium. The crowd cheered and Mic was announcing,

"Our very own [L/N] from class 1-A has come in first place!" I smiled and waved as the crowd, making them scream even louder. I walked off stage and went to the viewing room. A bad wave of nausea caused me to double over in the doorway. I waved off the paramedic and continued to watch as my classmates raced. Boom-boom boy and ice prince were head to head, fighting one another as they ran. Suddenly, a huge explosion sounded and a figure started hurtling towards the two boys. Is that Midoriya? Holy crap! that's my broccoli boy! I thought, twisting my bracelet nervously as the three boys approached the finish line.

The final ranking was:
#1: Me
#2: Midoriya
#3: Todoroki
#4: Bakugou

Bakugou was furious. He stormed off and pushed past me, shoving his shoulder into mine. I ignored him and walked over to Midoriya,

"That was amazing Zuku! That was such a smart idea!" I gushed, he blushed and flailed his arms.

"I was nothing compared to you! you were amazing!" I smiled and saw Ochaco over his shoulder. I ran to her,

"Ochaco! you did really well out there!" She looked at me and smiled nervously, shifting from foot to foot. "What's up? I something wrong?" I asked, concerned by the sadness in her eyes.

"Um, I kinda wanted to ask you for some advice on something." She said, twiddling her thumbs,

"Yeah?" I asked, raising an eyebrow,

"Um," she looked down, "I really like this girl, and I'd like to think we're good friends, but I don't know how to come out to her and how to ask if she's into me too," she rushed

"oh,"

"And like, I don't want to lose her. What if she's disgusted by me? What if she hates me?" her voice trembled.

"Oh, honey," I said softly, pulling her into a hug, "if she does, then she doesn't deserve you. You are amazing, beautiful, strong, and kind Ochaco, anyone would be lucky to have you. If someone can't see that or faults you for liking girls, send them to me and I'll beat them up." The girl chuckled.