Chapter 22

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I'm back! I wanted to thank you for all the kind and supportive words, I really appreciate it. 

Recap of last chapter: 

Midoriya's POV:

"You false hero!" the Hero Killer snarled, his mask was now fully off and his grotesque face was on full display. Everyone froze, too scared to even move"I'll make this right. These streets must run with the blood of hypocrites! Hero! I will reclaim that word!" he yelled he took a step forward, causing me and a couple others to stumble back, "Come on! Just try and stop me you fakes!" Even Endeavor took a slight step back, "There is only one man I'll let kill me, he is a true hero. All Might is worthy!" The pure hatred and anger that radiated from his words surrounded us, and one of the heroes even fell back onto their butt.

Suddenly, there was a slight movement from behind the Hero Killer, and [Y/N] sprung into action. She somehow managed to grab one of the knives that were still buried deep into her back and she drove it straight through the Hero Killer's sternum, causing the tip of the blade to poke out from his chest.

The knife he was holding clattered to the ground as he stood there, frozen with his mouth hanging open. Todoroki, Iida, and I all fell to the ground as waves of relief washed through me.

How ironic, that All Might's daughter, was the one to end the Hero Killer's life...

He hadn't managed to lick anyone's blood, but still, in that moment, none of us could bring ourselves to stand against him. Only [Y/N]. Only [Y/N] and the Hero Killer had any fight left...

Onto the chapter now...

Midoriya's POV:

After the fight was over, [Y/N] was rushed to the hospital in critical condition due to the blades embedded into her back. Iida and I were also treated with a couple severe injuries. Todoroki, on the other hand, managed to receive minimal damage during the fight. When I woke up in the hospital room, Todoroki and Iida in beds close by, [Y/N] was still in surgery.

"Did you sleep Midoriya?" Todoroki asked from his neighboring bed.

"No, not really," I said while sighing, "I'm worried about [Y/N]." I looked at the empty bed in the room that was reserved for the girl.

"I figured," Todoroki said, "Me too."

"Thinking about that fight now," I said as I looked up at the ceiling in thought, "she did something pretty amazing."

"Yeah, I agree. We all did."

"After everything that happened back there it kind of feels like a miracle we're even alive. With my leg messed up, I was an easy target. He probably could've killed me is he really wanted to." I said, fear making its way back into my voice as I remembered the fight that took place not too long ago.

"Yeah, it seems to me he let us both live on purpose," Todoroki said, "I'm impressed by you though, Iida. He was actually trying to murder you, but you stood tall." He looked over at Iida, who was being unusually quiet.

"That's not true," he started, "I was-" he was cut off by the door sliding open. Iida's internship supervisor, Manual, and Gran Torino, my internship supervisor stood in the doorway.

"Oh," Gran Torino said as he stepped into the room, "So the injured younglings are awake." I smiled,

"Gran Torino!"

"And Manual too," Iida said nervously. Gran Torino looked over and glared at me.

"Idiot, I could yell at you for hours right now!" He scolded as he walked over to my bed. I sweatdropped,