Chapter 1.

"I wonder how it's like here", I thought to myself as I walked down the halls carrying my transfer papers. It was different from where I was from, and I was different from the people in that school; you could tell by the way I was dressed, I thought I'd wear jeans not to stand out too much but... little did I know everyone was wearing a uniform, and i stood out more than I'd ever imagine. I'd never been that outgoing, on the contrary, I'd always been shy, so this was the worst possible outcome. I finally found the principal's office and with a big smile he said "Welcome to Karasuno!".

-------------------------------------------------------after school--------------------------------------------------------

"Today was terrible" I thought, I was only at school for a few hours, I didn't start for real until the next day, but it was still really weird for me. When I got stressed at home I'd blow off steam by playing basketball, so I decided to head over to the gym and join the team. When I got there the girls' volleyball team was practicing, I shily entered and as soon as I did a short haired girl ran up to me:"Hi! Are you a first year tryout?", she asked. "No actually I'm an exchange student, I was looking for the girls' basketball team..." I replied, she held her hand up to her chin and said "I don't think Karasuno has a girls' basketball team... But you could try volleyball!". Needless to say I was bummed... "I'm sorry but I don't really like volleyball that much. Is there a gym I can train on my own in?" I asked and she replied "The boys' volleyball team is away at a practice match, if you want you can train there until they come back, I'm sure It'd be fine! Here, I'll give you the keys". I got to the gym, pulled down the folded up hoops, grabbed a ball and started doing layups. After an hour or so I heard voices and suddenly the door barged open. About 10 to 14 guys stood outside of it, staring at me, I spaced out, dropped the ball i was holding and snapped out of it only when it collided with the floor.  "This must be the volleyball team".