Chapter 14.

The next days were amazing, I really fit in at Nekoma and things with Kuroo were even better. Everyone knew about us by then and they called us a power couple. I bonded with Kenma over video games and the rest of Kuroo's team was also very kind to me. I still kept in touch with Karasuno's guys, or, at least everyone except Tsukishima. He was the only one who never texted me back and I suppose it was because of what happened between Kuroo and him. It made me sad because I never wanted to come between them, they used to be such great friends.

-

KUROO: You ready?
Y/N: Yup, Minako's waiting for us.
KUROO: Kenma's outside so we can go.

We left the house and greeted Kenma. We never held hands when we were around other friends because we didn't want them to feel like they were thirdwheeling.

KENMA: So we're playing Karasuno tonight, will you come, (y/n)?
KUROO: Y-you don't have to...
Y/N: Don't be silly, Tetsurou. I like watching you play. And it'll be nice to see the guys again. I hope you're not still worried about Tsukishima, Tetsurou.

I asked in a menacing tone.

KUROO: It's not that, it's just that it's going to be embarrassing for you...
Y/N: Well, we've got to get over it someday, right?
KUROO: Y-yeah...
MINAKO: Good morning, everyone!

Minako greeted us while walking towards us.

Y/N: Hey Minako. This is Kozume Kenma, mine and Tetsurou's friend
MINAKO: Nice to meet you, Kozume-san.
KENMA: Same here.
Y/N: Say, Minako, wanna come to the guys' game after practice?
MINAKO: Sure, even though I barely know anything about volleyball...
Y/N: It's alright. you'll learn quickly.

-

AYUMI: Oi, oi! Where are you two running off to?
Y/N: We're gonna catch the boys' volleyball practice match.
CHIEKO: Cool! We'll come too!
AYUMI: Sakie, Yu, Naomi, you coming?

They all nodded and started collecting their things.

Y/N: Yu?
YUMI: They call me Yu for short so me and Ayumi don't get confused.
Y/N: Ooooh, is it alright if I call you that?
YUMI: Sure!

-

Mai couldn't join us because she had to go to dinner with her family. We quickly walked to their gym, suddenly I heard a familiar voice yelling my name and as I turned around I saw the wild tangerine running towards me and in a second he was wrapped around my waist.

KAGEYAMA: Oi, Hinata! Don't just hug people like that, dumbass.
Y/N: Hi Hinata, Kageyama.

I smiled, my new teammates stared at me, surprised.

Y/N: Oh, girls. I used to go to Karasuno. but I had to move... I managed these guys for a while.
CHIEKO: Ka-rasuno...? Aren't those the guys who were called fallen crows but then did really amazing?
Y/N: They sure are...

I smiled reminiscing past events.

DAICHI: Oi! What are you doing outside like thi- Oh, hello (y/n)-san, I hoped you would be here today. These guys really miss you.

Everyone rubbed the backs of their necks as their captain revealed such an embarrassing thing.

Y/N: I miss you guys too but, I feel like I belong here...

I glanced at my teammates and realizing what I meant they all blushed and smiled at me.

DAICHI: I can imagine that...

He also observed his teammates as they bickered and laughed in each other's company.

DAICHI: Well, we better get warming up, let's go!

They all cheered and followed their captain... All except for one; Tsukishima. I signaled the girls to go ahead without me and walked up to him.

Y/N: You don't need to avoid me because of what happened with Kuroo. We're fine, there's no hard feelings and I honestly just want you and Kuroo to make up already. It's been weeks...
TSUKISHIMA: I know, I just don't wish to cause anymore problems...
Y/N: Tsukishima-san, Kuroo's jealous, but he's not controlling. I get to choose my friends, the only reason that thing happened is because he thought it was something other than friendship, but it isn't, right?
TSUKISHIMA: Yeah... Right...
Y/N: See? So there's no problem!
TSUKISHIMA: Yeah... No problem at all...
KUROO: Hey, Tsukki. I just wanted to say-
TSUKISHIMA: It's okay, Kuroo-san. There's no problem.

He quietly walked inside the gym and Kuroo pulled me close and smiled at me.

KUROO: You ready to see me wipe the floor with their asses?
Y/N: Don't get cocky, Tetsu.

I walked inside and reached my friends as I chuckled.

-

YUMI: So, uhm, how exactly does one play volleyball?
Y/N: Well there's two teams of six on each side of the net. Every action starts off with a serve at the end of the court and ends with one team scoring a point, whether it's because of a foul or because of their plays. There's a point limit which varies from 15 to 21 to 25. The first team to reach the limit wins the set, sets can be either up to three or to five. Usually we play up to three except for finals.
CHIEKO: So how do they score?
Y/N: The one who makes the ball touch the other team's court scores.
AYUMI: And is there positions?
Y/N: There is! You see that little tangerine over there? That's Hinata Shoyo, he's a middle blocker and so is that tall guy standing next to him...

I continued explaining and telling them all about volleyball and the teams until they figured out most of the rules. The game started and the ball was Karasuno's. Kageyama was at the serve. He tossed the ball up in the air, ran toward it, then jumped and slammed it into Nekoma's side of the court.

AYUMI: WhOOOOAH! THAT WAS SO AWESOME!
SAKIE: That's not a regular serve, is it?
Y/N: Nope, usually players don't jump for the serve, they just hit it. Kageyama-san has practiced this serve on his own, and not just him.

I smiled pointing at Asahi.

MINAKO: W-woah, t-that big guy?
Y/N: Don't worry, he looks intimidating but he's just a big baby.

I smiled. Meanwhile Yaku had succesfully received the ball and passed it to Kenma who then tossed it to Lev who spiked it into the other court. He was already celebrating when he saw Nishinoya receive it in a flash. He grinned at Lev and ran back to his position, Kageyama getting ready to toss the ball as soon as he noticed hinata with the back of his eye, he faked a front toss and then tossed back to Asahi who slammed the ball into the ground as if the late blockers' hands weren't even there.

YAMAGUCHI: Nice kill Asahi-san!
YUMI: D-did you s-see that? That spike could rip me to shreds...
AYUMI: Sugoi! Volleyball's cool!

She stared amazed at the tall man that had just displayed his strength. I smiled at them, remembering the first time I ever saw Karasuno play and the feeling I had. Kageyama went on for another serve and did his best to aim away from our libero and ended up serving it to Yamamoto who clumsily received it, sending it directly to the other side, Daichi passed it to Kageyama who tossed the ball up to Tanaka who was ready to slam it in, he swung and before he knew it the ball was back on his side of the court as Kuroo had read their actions and kill-blocked the ball. I blushed at my powerful boyfriend and saw him look to me with a peace sign, I reciprocated and then blew him a kiss. Sure, Karasuno was cool and all, but my boyfriend was the coolest. All my teammates stared at me, some amazed, some smiling as I stared at the boy who stole my heart in action and it felt so good to be there in that moment.