Chapter 30.

A/N: I'm waiting at a bus stop for my mom to come and get me at the ski thing and it's so cold my hands are freezing help. If I make any typos you know why ok.

-

The helicopter arrived soon and lowered two men. The standard procedure for hypothermia was quickly operated. The first man wrapped tin foil around her hands to avoid any more heat leaving her body while the second moved her onto a stretcher carefully. They pulled all three of them up and a woman injected warm liquid into her so she would warm up and then proceeded to wrap her into a blanket with constant circulating warm water.

They rushed her into the hospital, people in the ER gasping as the nurses and doctors rushed to check the situation. One doctor noticed her knee was literally bending the wrong way which the emergency crew hadn't noticed with all of the rush to get her body temperature back to a stable level before her limbs started breaking off.

While still unconscious her knee was put back to its rightful state and wrapped in a cast. Her family was called and they rushed to the hospital. Her belongings were given to them and Sofia decided to inform Kuroo about it, thankfully he was in her emergency contacts.

KUROO: Hey, beautiful, how was skiing?
SOFIA: Uhm, hey Kuroo, it's Sofia. (y/n) had an accident while skiing-
KUROO: Oh my god, is she okay? Please tell me she's alive.
SOFIA: We're in the hospital with her right now, she's unconscious but she's alive. The doctor said her knee's broken, she got a slight hypothermia and a head trauma, but they think she'll be okay eventually.
KUROO: Fuck, I'm gonna get the first plane there.
SOFIA: No, you don't have to, please it's gonna cost you so much last minute like this.
KUROO: Sofia, I'm coming.

He said and hung up the phone, rushing to get a suitcase packed and to get to the airport.

Sofia glanced at her sister, with a big bandaid covering the enormous cut on her forehead, she caressed her hair and gave her a kiss, tears welling up in her eyes.

SOFIA: You're gonna be okay. I swear, you're going to be okay. I'll make sure they fix you right up, okay?

-

Kuroo sighed as he sat on the silent plane, everyone was sleeping except for him. He couldn't, not until he knew (y/n) was okay. He decided to write his excuse letter for university since he'd be skipping a few days. He drafted the email and looked out the window. Clouds were all he could see and as he imagined (y/n) in his arms, hugging him he drifted off to sleep for those three hours of the flight left.

He was woken up by the brusk landing and he looked out the window, it was dark outside, he checked his phone;

4.32 AM

As soon as he got his luggage he rented a car and rushed to the hospital, the address of which he'd gotten by pestering Sofia continuously before he left Japan. He should've been jet lagged but his agitation didn't make him feel a thing.

As soon as he got to the hospital he was already fighting with the lady at the counter who said that he couldn't go see (y/n) because he wasn't family and didn't have any references to vouch for him.

KUROO: Oh come on! I'm gonna be her husband someday, does that still count?!

He yelled as he walked away and then sat down in the waiting room, sighing into his hands irritatedly.

SOFIA: Kuroo?
KUROO: Sofia? Aw man, it's great to meet you in person, but I wish it weren't under these circumstances.
SOFIA: Me too...
It was really sweet of you to come but really unnecessary.
KUROO: I wouldn't be able sleep if I weren't here with her.
How's your mom?
SOFIA: I told her to go home and rest, she's been here a long time...
KUROO: Yea she should rest. By the way can you vouch for me so I can see her?
SOFIA: Of course.