Chapter 22.

(IT'S KUROO'S BDAY!! Hbd bedhead boi💞)

-

Y/N: Goodmorning sleepyhead~
How's the cutest birthday boy doing on his special day~?
KUROO: Great now that I have you with me.
Y/N: So what do you wanna do tonight? Karaoke with the guys? Dinner out with me, my treat? Huh?
KUROO: I really just wanna spend time with you before your training camp starts...
Y/N: Come on, baby. Let's go out and do something fun!
KUROO: I can't, I'm too worn out from uni, they're killing us with the exams next month... And my coach is making us put in extra hours for the game next weekend, I'm exhausted...

He stated as he ate his breakfast and (y/n) looked at him with a concerned look.

-

KUROO: I'm going!!
Y/N: Bye, honey!

Kuroo chuckled to himself at that nickname, it looked as if they were married. He made his way to his car and drove it to campus. He'd decided to get an apartment instead of sleeping in a dorm so that if anyone came to visit he could have a place for them to sleep, and, of course, to be more comfortable.
He was studying aerospace engineering so if there was any way to make his life easier in the slightest he'd take it.

That day was going to be really heavy, waiting for him were eight long hours of freehand drawing of parts to build airplanes, he already knew he wasn't going to be concentrated at practice.

-

After the first half of the day was done he dragged himself to the library and studied a bit of chemistry while he ate his lunch.

KUROO: (Worst birthday ever... None of my uni friends knew it was my birthday cuz they barely know me)

He frowned, he just wanted someone to wish him a happy birthday. And then he thought back on that morning when he woke up to (y/n) lovingly shaking him awake and wishing him a happy birthday, he smiled at that memory and looked forward to seeing his beautiful girlfriend when he got home.

-

Finally it was time for volleyball practice, he finished changing and put on his knee pads, he walked into the gym and when he did a familiar voice said those three magic words.

BOKUTO: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KUBRO
KUROO: Ay! Thanks, Brokuto.
USHIJIMA: Wait it's your birthday, Kuroo-san?
KUROO: Yeah it is...
OIKAWA: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KUROO-CHAN.
KUROO: Stop-
USHIJIMA: Happy birthday, Kuroo-san.

Everyone joined in and wished him a happy birthday, even the coach, thanks to his girlfriend and his best friend that day was already getting better.

-

KUROO: Hey, Brokuto, wanna come
over tonight and watch some movies with me and my girlfriend? We're not doing much anyway so it'd be cool if you guys could meet and get to know eachother a little.
BOKUTO: Sure, bro. That sounds great, let me just get my stuff.

The two talked as they walked back to his apartment, they joked about Ushijima's stiffness and Bokuto made fun of Kuroo because of how Oikawa nicknamed him. Once they arrived at the apartment all the lights were off, which was weird since (y/n) was supposed to be home. Kuroo put his keys in the lock and slowly opened the door.

KUROO: Hey, (y/n). I'm home, I hope you don't mind I brought a friend with m-

"SURPRISE!!!"

Kuroo flinched as the lights suddenly turned on and standing in front of him were all of his teammates from nekoma and his closest friends that were acquainted with (y/n), but they were all in their pajamas.

KUROO: Woah, wha-
Y/N: You said you were too tired to go out or do anything to big so I thought we could all just chill in our pjs and watch movies or play games together.
KUROO: You really got all of these guys here on your own?

He smiled and ran up to her to give her a kiss and everyone "awwww"ed.

KUROO: Oh! (y/n) this is Bokuto Koutarou, he plays volleyball with me here and we've been friends since high school, I just never got a chance to introduce you two properly even though you saw eachother briefly at the training camp we had last year with Nekoma.
Y/N: Nice to meet you properly, Bokuto-san.
BOKUTO: Oh jeez, don't call me that, you remind me of Akaashi!!

He started crying and lunged at the popcorn, stuffing his mouth with it.

Y/N: Did I say something wrong?
KUROO: Nah, don't worry about it.
Y/N: Well, what are you guys doing?! Get your pjs on!

-

They spent the rest of the night watching dumb movies and eating junk food all together and they all passed out in the living room together, but not after eating cake...