Chapter 3.

----------------------at the match---------------------

I got to the gym early so i could play basketball for a while before everyone else got there and suddenly I heard a sound of running from outside getting closer and closer. When it reached the door it was Hinata and Kageyama (one of the team's setters) racing for who got to the gym first for some reason.  The rest of the team followed and I knew my playtime was over so I helped them set up the gym for the match. What I saw in their warmup I wouldn't have ever forgotten. Kageyama tossed the ball to Hinata with immense speed and it stopped in mid air, and Hinata was able to spike it. I was starting to see what volleyball was all about. 

After a while i was running to fill up the water bottles with the other manager, Yachi-san, and i tripped and fell over, I tried to pick up the bottles I'd dropped but before I knew it a big hand was picking them up for me. I looked up and saw a dark haired guy who was asking me if I was alright. "Y-yes, I'm a-alright I guess" I said, he smiled at me and while blushing like an idiot I noticed his shirt that said "Nekoma". I jumped up and awkwardly greeted him and then got back to filling bottles. Meanwhile Yachi-san was freaking out about me falling over as if I was about to die.

----------------first set----------------

The ball almost hit me in the head at least 10 times during the first set but the players were amazing, I'd never seen volleyball played that way. Although everyone was amazing and the game was really interesting  I couldn't stop staring at that guy that helped me earlier. I couldn't focus on the game because i was too busy looking at him. There was just something about him, other than the fact that he was extremely hot, but I'm usually able to stand my ground with guys, but him, he was an entire different story. It was like my eyes were glued to him. He was an amazing player, he was really smart and powerful. I have no idea how anyone could get through his blocks, he was just that good. And I felt all fuzzy inside because of it.

----------------second set------------------

Another set with my eyes glued to that guy, everyone called him Kuroo, so I'd figured out his name at least. Eventually someone caught onto my staring and I'm guessing they told him about it because while I was looking at him he looked back at me, straight into my eyes, and grinned. I turned redder that a tomato and looked away as quickly as possible but I was way too late and he'd already seen me. From that moment on I didn't dare look at him anymore and focused on Karasuno's playing.

-----------------after the match--------------

Karasuno lost both sets by just a few points, they couldn't keep up with Nekoma. I tried to disappear to avoid Kuroo confronting me about the staring so i hid until everyone was out. Then I took the opportunity to practice a bit, but Kuroo was hellbent on confronting me and he came back inside while I was practicing and said "So which is it?". I was startled and jumped up, when I turned around I said "w-what?", "Did you think I was really good or really bad, which is it?" he said while smiling. I was confused and embarassed so I just blurted out "Uhm- I'm- not sur-" but he cut me off by saying "There must have been a reason why you were staring so much, right?". I physically could not answer him, I couldn't move or anything so he just kept talking and said "How come I've never seen you around here? Who are you?" to that I could barely answer and I said "My name is (y/n) I'm an exchange student, I just got here yesterday". "Oh, well. Nice to meet you (y/n), my name is Kuroo Tetsurou" to which i responded instinctively with "I know" and immediately regretted it before I could correct myself he was saying "Oh really?" and getting really close to me. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him coming closer and then it started beating extremely fast. He was close, too close, so close I could feel my knees getting weak and when he got so close that I could smell his scent someone appeared at the door and yelled "Come on Kuroo! We've got to get back!". He snapped out of the moment and left saying "Well, duty calls. See you around (y/n)