Chapter 13 - Partnership.

The next day when you came down to the great hall, you heard yelling. You walk in and see Draco fighting with a Slytherin girl.

"But Draco!" She yelled but Draco held his hand up.

"Sorry Pansy, I can't explain right now but I will in time." Draco said. Pansy looked sad and slapped him before walking and sit at the end of the Slytherin table and cried. You sat at your table and started to eat. before the bell rang, you felt a hand on your shoulder and looked, seeing Draco.

"Hi Draco." You said, still a bit unsure. He smiled.

"Hey, I was still hoping that we could walk together to potions. You never did give an answer." Draco said. You gave a small smile.

"You know what, sure. Why not." You said and stood as the bell rang. Draco smiled and walked with you in silence. As you walked, Marcus walked up.

"Hey." He said in a nervous voice. You look at him.

"What do you want?" You ask. He sighs.

"I'm sorry. It was wrong that I called you that name." Marcus said. You looked confused as he walked into the potions room. You sat down and Draco sat next to you.

"I told him he better apologize to you." Draco said. You looked at him.

"Why? You hate me and now your being friendly." You said. Draco looked sad.

"Well, I didn't know you and I judged you on your blood. I made a mistake and now I'm trying to fix it. Do you not want me to try and fix it?" Draco asked. You looked away from him and sighed.

"No. It's just...Draco when you called me that name and when I found out what it meant, that hurt." You looked at him again.

"How would you like me to call you a name that was belittling?" You asked. Draco looked down.

"I wouldn't like it." He said as Professor Snape walked in. You wanted to say something more, but Snape spoke.

"Sit down and listen. This year will be a bit different. We will be brewing a Wolfsbane Potion. You will be working in teams of two that I will be picking." Snape said, taking out a list and Marcus rose his hand.

"What is it Mr. Flint?" Snape asked and Marcus put his hand down.

"Why are first years making that potion. Isn't it a bit advanced?" Marcus asked. Snape looked at him and put the list down.

"Tell me Mr. Flint, if someone was to give Mr. Malfoy the Draught of Living Death potion right now, what would you do?" Snape asked. Marcus was silent.

"Exactly. You don't get anywhere without knowing. I'm here to teach, not babysit. Open your mouth again and you will lose house points." Snape said and grab the list again.

"First pair, Marcus Flint and Pansy Parkinson. Second pair, Draco Malfoy and (y/n) (l/n). Third pair..." You looked at Draco who was smiling and looked at you.

"Guess we're partners." Draco whispered. You smiled and gave a nod gut grunted in you mind. Once Snape was finished, he told us that we had till the end of the school year to brew a perfect batch.

"Let's spend today looking at the ingredients. It could help us." Draco said. You gave a nod and stood, going to the papers that Snape was handing out. Once you got yours, you walked back and sat down. You looked at the paper, seeing it was hand written and saw the ingredients and how to brew it.

"Ok. The list tells us what we need and how much of each item. We can get it from Professor Snape tomorrow let's make a copy of this, one for each of us so we can keep track." You said. Draco gave a nod and took out a parchment and quill. You begin to list off the ingredients slowly. By the end of class, you had read the whole list over twenty times to make sure you didn't miss a single thing.

"Well, if you ask me, I believe we will have the best potion in the class." Draco said as you both walked out. You gave a small laugh.

"OH, and why do you say that?" You asked. Draco looked at you and smiled.

"Because the other pairs don't have you in them." Draco said. You couldn't help but blush at that. Draco then looked and say the twins walking over.

"There are Fred and George. See you later (y/n)." Draco said and started to walk off, but you grab his hand to stop him.

"Wait, Draco?" You asked. He turned to you.

"I forgive you. I don't mind being friends with you." You said with a smile. Draco smiled back.

"Then let's walk to class together. I know we have next class together also." Draco said. You gave a nod and Fred and George reached you.

"You ready (y/n)?" George asked. You gave a nod.

"Yeah, but guys, I forgave Draco." You said. They did not look happy.