Prologue

Two people. Two species. Two names. Galaxies apart.

But did the two know that?

Of course not.

Lance awoke one morning to see his soulmark for the first time. He had dreamed of this day since he was five! He was finally going to know the name of his-

"Huh, what language is this?" Lance wondered aloud.

Strange symbols were on his skin, in a dark purple ink.

"Maybe Mama will know!" Lance smiled and rushed downstairs.

"Mama! Papa!" he called. "It's here! My soulmark!"

His parents dropped what they were doing.

"Hijo!" his mother cried. "Lemme see!"

Lance held out his wrist with a smile.

His father and Mother's faces changed from ecstatic to very confused and worried.

"Querido, do you know what language this is?" his Mama asked his Papa.

"No...I've never seen symbols like this..." his Papa said.

The two looked at their son, with worried looks.

"Mama? Papa? What's wrong?" Lance asked

__________

(TIME SKIP: 7 years)

Prince Lotor searched through his thousands of planet charts and planet culture books for the hundredth time in his 19 years of life.

He looked down at his wrist.

The strange symbols on his wrist. No one could ever explain them. No one had ever seen someone born with strange words on their wrists in the empire. Especially the prince!

Lotor assumed he wasn't just Galra and Altean. There had to be a missing part to him. A part to explain his wrist's condition.

Suddenly, after years of searching, he found it.

A mysterious planet that's inhabitants had the name of their soulmate written on their wrists.

It all made since! His soulmate was on this planet and he was their soulmate! He had to find them!

Lotor walked into the control room of his ship.

"Have you decided on your next planet for the empire sir?" his general, Acxa asked.

"Yes, I have." Lotor said. "Set a course, for..."

"Earth."