CHAPTER 28

Lance looked over at Romelle. She was sitting down in the corner, fiddling with her pigtails.

"I'm going to talk to Romelle," Lance said to Lotor. "She looks nervous."

Lotor nodded. "Good idea."

...

"Hey Romelle," Lance sat down next to her.

"Oh! Hello sir," Romelle looked down.

"You look nervous," Lance said. "Anything on your mind?"

Lance followed Romelle's gaze and saw she was looking at Lotor.

"Don't worry about Lotor, he's really sweet!" Lance smiled.

"Oh I know that," Romelle began to ramble. "I mean, he's the Altean's savior. We owe him our lives. If not for him I-"

Romelle sighed. "I just want to please him. What if I'm not enough?"

Lance put a hand on Romelle's shoulder. "Believe me Romelle, all you have to do to please him, is your best. And you will be enough. We all believe in you!"

"Thank you sir," Romelle smiled.

"Call me Lance," Lanne smiled back.

"How do you know Prince Lotor?" Romelle asked.

"Oh! He's my fiance," Lance said.

"Engaged?" Romelle gasped. "I would've never thought our savior was the type to have a partner..."

"We're soulmates," Lance held up his wrists.

"Soulmates?"

"These are a special mark all earthlings are born with. They say the name of the person we're meant to share our lives with. But apparently we're able to have soulmates with aliens, because that's how I met Lotor. He's probably the only alien to have a soulmark."

"Then explain this!"

Romelle revealed her wrist, having English on it.

"OH MY GOD ROMELLE YOU HAVE A SOULMATE!!!" Lance cheered. "Keith! Hunk! Get over here!

(PLOT TWIST!!!)

(Ok, so I just realized something: Other soulmarks exist, meaning Hunk and Keith have to be soulmates for this to work so SHHH! We're gonna continue!)

"What is it?" Hunk said.

"Romelle has a soulmate on Earth!" Lance said.

"Who is it?" Keith asked.

Lance looked at the mark

"It's Pidge!"

(Also skipping over the fact when Lance learns Pidge is a girl)

"Na uh!" Hunk gasped.

"Who's Pidge?" Romelle asked.

"She's your soulmate! Your gonna love her! She's so smart and-SHIT!" Keith gasped.

"What?" Lance asked.

"Hunk! Pidge has probably been brainwashed by now! We have to go save her!" Keith cried.

"Don't worry Romelle, we're gonna save your soulmate!"

(So many plot twists! If feel bad taking away the specialness of Lotor and Lance's relationship but at this point the plot is bullseye and I'm hitting its target every time.)