CHAPTER 8

Lance sat alone in his room. It had been at least a few hours since his tour, and he won't lie, he enjoyed Ezor's company. But now he was flat out bored.

Something you wouldn't expect what with being kidnapped in space and meeting your soulmate!

Now, Lance just lay on his bed, waiting for time to pass. He looked out his window at the stars. He didn't recognize any constellations. He must be very far from--

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Lance turned around and saw Ezor in the doorway.

"Ezor!" Lance gasped.

"Hey Lance!" Ezor walked in. "Its dinner time! You feel up to it?"

Lance thought about it. He was very hungry, and would love to get to know the other general he heard about.

But...

Lotor would be there.

Lance shook off the worry a bit. Lotor may have kidnapped him, but he's his soulmate. He needs to give him a chance.

Lance nodded.

"OH! AWESOME!" Ezor cheered. "Follow me!"

She quickly walked away and Lance ran to catch up.

_____________

Lotor sat at the dinner table fidgeting with his hands under the table.

"Sorry we're late!" Ezor walked in.

They? Lotor thought. Then that means-

Lance walked in behind her. Lotor tried to squeal in joy.

He cleared his throat. "Um, welcome Lance. To dinner." Lotor blushed.

The other Generals giggled.

"Um, happy to be here..." Lance trailed off.

"We tried to find earth recipes but we failed. But please, do enjoy these Galran Delicacies." Axca said.

"Galran? Is that your race?" Lance asked.

"Sort of, we're all HALF Galran." Esor said.

"Lotor rescued us from Galran slave camps to be in his ranks," Zethrid said.

"Slave camps?! What kind of aliens are you?!" Lance gasped.

"It's a very long and complicated topic," Lotor said. "May I explain later please?"

"But-"

Lance stopped himself. He looked to be in deep, but quick, thought,

"Alright," Lance corrected himself.

The food was served a few minutes later on the table, and the Galrans started to eat. But Lance looked at the food nervously.

"Are you not hungry?" Acxa asked.

"I just get nervous when it comes to new foods," Lance said. "I don't want to be rude if I don't like it."

Narti put a hand on Lance's shoulder. The generals could tell she was giving vibes of comfort and understanding. When they first rescued Narti, we didn't know what she would eat. She obviously couldn't tell us. It wasn't until they saw her eating a flower in the greenhouse that they learned she was a vegetarian.

"Don't be nervous," Lotor explained. "Narti understands what you are feeling. She had the same problem when she first joined us. Just let us know what you like to eat,"

"Well, I like earth food is the problem. And you guys said you couldn't find earth food!" Lance exclaimed.

"That doesn't mean we've given up on trying. And don't you know any recipes?" Zethrid asked.

Lance nodded. "Good idea! Um...which one are you again?"

"Zethrid,"

"Right."

...

After what ended up being a great dinner, Lance was walking back to is room.

Alone.

The generals and Lotor decided he knew where he was going and let him go as long as he got to his room before a certain time.

As he walked he could've sworn his footsteps were louder and more echoey than before.

Don't look back, He thought. Don't look back, don't look back-

Lance turned around and saw a woman in a dark cloak. Lance gasped and jumped back.

"Sorry!" Lance breathed. "You scared me!"

"You should be scared." the woman stated.

"What-"

"Lotor is no good. Come with me and you-"

"But Lotor doesn't seem that-"

The woman grabbed Lance hand and he went silent as her magic worked its way into his brain.

The woman growled. "It's not strong enough yet...I must do what I can in the meantime."

She flashed her eyes wide and purple glowed in them.

The glow made its way to Lance eyes.

"Don't trust Lotor." she commanded.

"Don't trust Lotor..." Lance echoed.

"Now, go to your room and forget this happened."

"Forget this happened..." Lance repeated.

The woman let go and Lance lifelessly walked into his room.

The woman smirked. This would be the beginning of her son's downfall.