Chapter 1

(Oh i forgot to mention. THIS IS MY ATTEMPT AT A SLOW BURN!)

Lance hugged his father one last time. Lance was leaving today for the "Galaxy Garrison".

Lance dreamed of being a space pilot ever since he had gotten his mysterious soulmark. It was, otherworldly, all the experts would say. Lance would look at his wrist every night, and then at the stars. He knew, wherever hi soulmate was, they had to be up there.

"We're so proud of you Hijo," his papa said.

"Remember to keep your bracelet on, ok?" his mama reminded him.

Lance looked down at his wrist, covered by a bulky bracelet. Lance was often bullied ever since he got his soulmark. People would tell him his soulmate was a demon, or died millions of years ago along with the mysterious language.

So his parents got him the bracelet to hide his mark.

Lance nodded.

"Good luck Lance!" his siblings hugged him.

"I'll miss you all so much!!" Lance said.

The bus behind them honked, and Lance ran onto it. "Bye! Goodbye!" he called, as his family waved to him until the bus was out of view.

...

Lance finally arrived at the galaxy garrison after a four hour bus ride to the airport, a 4 hour plane ride, and then a 20 minute bus ride.

Lance's legs were numb when he stepped off the bus. He almost fell to the concrete, but he was determined to keep his balance.

"Alright newbies!"

Lance looked up to see the legendary Takashi Shirogane!

Oh wow! Lance thought. I had no idea he would be here!

"Welcome to the Galaxy Garrison!" Shiro said, hands on his hips. "Here we train young cadets like you to become the next generation of space explorers! We'll give you a tour, then you can pair up with roommates."

...

Lance stood in a huge crowd of possible future roommates. Everyone was pairing up quick, and Lance was just standing there! Terrified. He fiddled with his bracelet.

Suddenly, he noticed someone. He was a large boy who looked very scared as well.

Lance walked over to them and tapped them on the shoulder.

The boy jumped.

"Hola!" Lance smiled.

"Oh! Hi!" the boy smiled back.

"I'm Lance," Lance held out his hand.

"I'm Tsuyoshi," the boy shook his hand.

The two were silent for a few seconds, looking out onto the see of pairs.

"Wanna be roomates?" the two asked in unison.

They laughed.

"Sure!" Tsuyoshi smiled.

"I like you name a lot, but its kinda hard to say. Do you have a nickname?" Lance asked.

Tsuyoshi his head.

"Ooh! Can I give you one?"

Tsuyoshi shrugged and nodded. "Sure why not?"

Lance thought hard about it.

"Hunk!" Lance smiled.

"What?"

"Hunk! Cause your a total hunk!"

Hunk blushed. "Thanks,"

The two followed Shiro as they were led to their dorms.