Part II: Chapter 11

Alex

Lucinda takes her leave almost immediately, claiming to want to give us time to "talk it out."

Bullshit.

Seth looks at me, unsure.

"How are you feeling?"

"Well I'm sore as fuck. I have a hell of a headache. I'm choking on the smell of anesthesia. Pretty much everything hurts. Did I mention I'm sore as fuck?"

He shakes his head.

"You cynical son of a bitch."

I shrug.

"Do you have any idea what you put me through! I thought you were dead!"

"That was the point..." I mumble.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you do it?"

I don't answer.

"Alex."

I keep my silence.

"Alex!"

"I thought you hated me!"

He looks stunned. Suddenly a strange expression comes across his face.

"I fucking love you! When are you going to get that through your head?"

"You really should stop cursing. It's very unlike you."

He rolls his eyes and puts his arms around me. I flinch and hiss in pain.

"Sorry." he mutters, but continues to hold me.

"I could never hate you..." he murmurs.

"You should."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because you were right. I did lie to you. Use you. I am in love with Luce."

"But...?"

I pause a moment in uncertainty.

"But... I think I'm in love with you too."

He sighs.

"Look, I know how I reacted that night, but I'm not mad at you now. I know you're confused. And that's okay. Just know that no matter what, I'll be here for you. Whether you choose me or Luce. I love you, Alex. More than anything. And if that means that I have to let you go, if it makes you happy, I'll do it. It won't be easy, but I'd do it. For you."

"I don't deserve you."

"Stop telling yourself that. You deserve me more than anyone else."

"Why are we talking this like its been so long? It was only last night!"

His face turns to a funny expression.

"Um... Alex."

"What?"

"It's been two weeks, since that night."

"What?!"