5

MJ sat on the couch in her room, across from her, her fourteen year old brother, Adrian, sat on her bed.

"You've been acting awkward lately," Adrian stated, "why?"

"I uh... you're too young for that," MJ scratched the back of her head uncomfortably.

"Did you loose your virginity? Oh wait, it can't be that because that already happened!" Adrian exclaimed to make a point.

MJ chuckled softly, "I see your point. Umm... so this is incredibly awkward... but you know how Peter likes to come over when you and our parents aren't home? And mom always tells me to be careful but I never listen?"

"Yeah, and there was that one time she threw a condom at him."

MJ laughed slightly as she remembered Peter's uncomfortable expression as he had stuffed the item in his pocket, "Yeah. But I never listen to mom aaaannnnd....." MJ's voice trailed off, waiting for the puzzle pieces to click.

"OH!" Adrian practically jumped off the bed and stepped away from it, "OKAY! I was joking about the virginity thing, stopped messing with me!"

"I'm not Adrian," MJ shamefully replied.

Adrian gaped, his eyes trailed from his sister, to her bed, and then the small framed picture of Peter and MJ watching 4th of July fireworks. Adrian pressed his lips together in a flat line as he stared at Peter smiling face.

"The police will never find his body," Adrian stated.

"What?" MJ laughed as she said this.

"Our dad's a police, I can get away with murder," Adrian replied.

"Oh! No no no no Adrian, you can't kill Peter," MJ stood up and put her hands on his shoulders, she knew her brother probably would kill her boyfriend if she didn't give him a good reason not to, "I need Peter."

"Oh c'mon man. You're the most independent person I know, you don't need him," Adrian crossed his arms across his chest.

"This is a little different bud. Besides, I want this kid to at least know who their father is," MJ explained.

Adrian rolled his eyes, "Fine. But can I at least pick the first name?"

"Will you let Peter live if I let you?"

"Yes."

"Okay then fine, just make them good names," MJ smiled.

"I will... but I'm still mad at Peter," Adrian sat back down, this time on the floor.

MJ sighed, "I'm... somehow not mad."

"You're not?"

"No. It's not completely his fault. I didn't have to let him do anything and he was drunk, which I guess was his fault, but he couldn't control himself."

"He was drunk?!"

"Yes. It was just the one time though," MJ lied as she looked away, not wanting to admit her boyfriend's alcoholism.

"Oh. I guess all teens do that," Adrian rubbed the back of his neck, "Go to a stupid party. Get drunk. Go home. Get into trouble. I mean that's normal right?"

"Yes. That doesn't mean you should do it though. Besides, most beer has gluten in it, so you're allergic."

Adrian's eyes lit up, "Now I have a really good excuse not to drink if someone tries peer pressuring me, I'll literally die."

MJ nodded, "Exactly. Now, Peter's coming over for dinner, don't give him a death glare and don't bring up... our situation. He's pretty upset."

"Why?"

"He'll tell you if he wants to."

"Okay. Well I'm working on some props for a school play, do you want to see them?"

"Of course!"

Adrian smiled and ran off to his room. He didn't go to school at Midtown High. He went to a different high school that focused on the arts, including music, acting, 3D and 2D art. When Adrian returned, he showed off three fake swords, a fake dagger, and a dining set. MJ inspected each item proudly. She could draw but she couldn't do anything like the fine details Adrian was capable of creating.

She beamed at her brother, "You are way to talented for your own good."

"Thanks," Adrian grinned back.

Then, he started explaining the whole plot of the play: the princess had to save the knight for a evil demon, only to fall in love with the demon and kill the knight. The comical irony made MJ laugh, she couldn't wait to see the play. Or at least, she hoped she could see it.