17

When Peter awoke, he felt hungry and thirsty, his mind was fuzzy. What the hell happened?

"Good morning Spiderboy," MJ's soft voice said.

Peter looked at her blankly, then she smiled and his expression was filled with a calm love for his beautiful girlfriend. He felt light, and clear. Like he could actually trust himself to make a decision, like he wasn't... drunk.

"Hey baby," Peter sat up and held her hand, "What happened?"

"You were sick and Natasha gave you some pill that knocked you out," MJ explained.

"How long was I out?" Peter frowned.

"About a week," MJ sighed.

Peter's heart stopped for a moment, "MJ quit fucking with me."

"I'm not babe," MJ kissed his forehead lightly, "You need to take better care of yourself."

"You're already sounding like a mom and you're hardly three months in," Peter replied softly.

"Good," MJ smiled then laughed slightly as Peter pulled her onto his bed, "you, however, need to start sounding like Spiderdad."

Peter wrapped her legs around his waist and shrugged, "I got time."

MJ sighed then rested her arms around his neck as they rested their foreheads against each other. Peter couldn't get over the sober feeling he had, he honestly loved it, he just didn't want to. He looked up at MJ and gave her a quick kiss.

"I love you," He said softly.

"I know," MJ replied with a smile that quickly faded, "Peter, I don't want you having this 'I got time' attitude. I want you to help me, and I mean really help me raise this kid."

"Baby, I want to raise this kid. I really want to, and you know I'm not lying when I say this. It's just that... I'm not a person who makes plans, y'know? I'm not a schemer, I just work with what I got at the moment and go from there," Peter replied as he ran his hand through MJ's hair.

"I know, but raising a kid Peter. A child. A living thing Peter. This is a little different," MJ replied.

Peter sighed, "Can we talk about this later?" He rested his head on her chest with his eyes closed softly, "I'm still really tired."

MJ rested her head on top of his and shut her eyes, "Okay... can you sing for me?"

Peter hesitated then started singing softly:

"I promise that I know you very well Your eyes never lie even if they tell Sweet lullabies that come with a smell Of a dozen roses flippin' down the green hill You living in a world that come with plan B 'Cause plan A never relay a guarantee And plan C never could say just what it was And your plans only can pan around love You love him, you love them, you love her You love so much, you love when love hurts"

"If I remember correctly, one of the lyrics in that song is 'Real is taking care of your mother fucking family,'" MJ stated quietly.

"Do you want me too sing to you or not?"

The two chuckled and looked at each other. Peter cupped her face in his hands and embraced her lips with his own. MJ rested her hands on his neck and kissed back, letting his lips work their magic on hers.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," Tony's voice stated from the doorway.

Peter and MJ jumped slightly and pulled away from each other quickly. Tony chuckled slightly as he leaned against the doorway.

"Dad!" Peter exclaimed, "Why!"

"How long have you been standing there?" MJ asked frantically.

"Only about a minute," Tony shrugged.

"Oh that's lovely," Peter muttered, his face red with embarrassment.

MJ smiled as she slid off Peter's lap, "Anyways... oh i just remembered something! Adrian gave me a pretty good idea for a name for the baby, and Tony, I don't think you'll like it."

"What is it?" Peter asked curiously.

"If they're a boy, Steve and if they're a girl Stephanie and we can call her Stevie for short," MJ replied.

Tony shook his head, "No. I have an idea, how about anything but that?"

Peter laughed, "With that attitude you'll end up with a grandson named Steve."