6

Peter had combed out his hair a little, just that made him look quite a bit better than before. He still looked tired and if someone looked into his eyes for a few extra moments, they'd see clear as day that he'd been crying a lot recently. But over all, he looked good enough that he wouldn't look like MJ was dating a homeless alcoholic, and that was all that mattered. He put on some jeans, a gray nerd shirt, and a flannel shirt to go over it. There, now he looked like he actually cared to be alive. Peter left his room and was immediately greeted by Morgan. She ran up to Peter and jumped into his arms. Peter hugged her tightly then raised her onto his shoulder.

"Hello my mini superhero," Peter beamed at the little girl.

Morgan hugged Peter's head, "Hi. Can I go with you?"

"To MJ's house? Not this time," Peter replied apologetically.

"Aww," Morgan stuck out her lip, putting on her pouty face.

"Sorry sis," Peter set her down on the back of the couch and she slid onto Pepper's lap.

"C'mon Pete, lets go," Tony called.

"On my way," Peter replied as he jogged over to Tony.

The drive was quick and quiet, but once at MJ's house, Peter's eyes lit up. That made Tony smile, seeing his boy happy was all he needed to smile. MJ sat in her front yard, but stood up when she saw Tony pull up. With a grateful thank you, Peter stepped out of the car and closed to door. Waving to Tony as he drove off, MJ gave a soft smile then embraced Peter lovingly. Peter wrapped his arms around her as Nora joined them on the front lawn.

"Good to see you Peter," She greeted.

Peter let go of MJ and looked at her mother, "Good to see you too Mrs. Jones," Peter paused a moment then continued, "I'm really sorry."

Nora laughed slightly, "Don't be Peter, it's okay. It really is. David's at work so you don't have to worry about getting the 'dad talk' for now."

Peter smiled softly, "Good. I think I need to emotionally prepare myself for that."

Nora laughed again, "Yeah you probably do."

She headed inside as MJ and Peter followed quietly. Adrian gave Peter a brief hug when he saw him then flashed a friendly smile.

"You're lucky I'm not going to kill you," Adrian stated innocently.

Peter opened and closed his mouth then looked at MJ, "Should I be worried about that?"

"Yeah," MJ replied, "Just a little."

Nora shook her head at her son then headed towards the kitchen, "We're eating dinner in about an hour, okay?"

"Gotcha," MJ replied as she took Peter by the shoulders from behind and steered him to her room.

Once in MJ's room, Peter sat on her bed and looked up at her, "I'm so sorry I did this to you."

"Peter, there's nothing we can do about it now. So, let's just move on, raise this child, and love them as we should. Mom's signing me up for homeschooling, which I can live with," MJ replied, "It's okay."

Peter wrapped his arms around her waist and gently rested his head on her stomach, "I'd always wanted to have kids, just not this young."

"You're such an adorable dork," MJ smiled, "I did give Adrian permission to name them though."

"Aw, why?" Peter let go and looked up at her.

"If I didn't he was going to kill you," MJ answered.

"Oh... Yup that's Adrian for you," Peter laughed softly, "We can decide the middle name together."

MJ didn't start anything, she just nodded as she stared at the suddenly interesting wall.

"MJ?"

"What're you going to do?"

"Hm?"

"Who's taking care of you now that May... y'know."

"Oh! Um Mr. Stark might."

MJ nodded and sat down on her bed. She looked over at her picture of the two on the Fourth of July. Peter's eyes glowed as bright as his smile with his arm around MJ's back, holding her close to him.

"You used to be so happy," MJ muttered.

"I used to have legs," Peter flatly replied.