15

In his next class, Peter opened his backpack and reached in, only to feel disgusting, coarse fur. He gasped slightly then looked inside his backpack to see Cameron's disgusting little face looking up at him.

"What the-" Peter cut himself off and stuffed her head back into the bag and zipped it shut quickly.

The backpack fell over as Cameron angrily tussled around inside. Peter scooted his backpack under his chair, hoping no one would notice. Throughout class, he received a few strange looks when he used one hand to keep Cameron's head out of sight and jaws shut while the other cautiously fished around for materials. She almost escaped once, only to be stopped when Peter shot her feet with a web.

As the day progressed, Peter found himself developing a horrible headache which grew into a fever which blurred his vision. Figuring he just needed more alcohol, he chugged what Flash had given him and ran to a gas station during his off-period to buy a couple beers, which he expertly managed to sneak into the school. On his break, he'd also opened his backpack and shook Cameron out, wishing her goodbye and a good day as he did so. His condition only grew worse and worse to point that he found himself throwing up in the bathroom twice, yet he refused to go home. At the end of the day, Peter was talking to Ned but in a rush to leave.

"Why wasn't MJ here today?" Ned asked.

Peter hesitated, Ned wasn't exactly good at keeping secrets, "I-I don'ts n-know. But man, I relly gotta go."

Ned frowned, "Okay?"

Peter stumbled off only to be stopped by Flash. It took everything inside him not to bash his own head into a wall at that moment.

"Hey Parker, I got some xans, last week you were talking about wanting some," Flash reported.

Peter was beyond tempted, he almost dropped down and begged for the pills, but then he remembered what would be happening after school and went even more pale.

"Forry man, andy other day, I'b la- love too, but my dad'sh zaking me do a hug-drug test after school and I cansk risk it," Peter replied, "and Imma in real bad vape- I means shape- right now."

Flash nodded then stepped back, "You're fucking wasted. Dude, you're practically green! Go home before you puke all over me."

"Mkay," Peter mumbled as he quickly stumbled away.

He stumbled along the streets, feeling worse by the second until he collapsed next to an alley. With a loud, inaudible exclamation of anger, he pulled his hood over his head and grumbled to himself. After a few minutes, he heard a familiar voice.

"Are you okay?" May asked softly.

Peter smacked his hood off his head and looked up at her, "Whoz da fuck are you?" He snapped.

May gasped slightly at the sight of her nephew the wasted child before her. Then her jaw tightened and she whirled around, quickly walking away. Finally recognizing the woman Peter grit his teeth, overcome with ill hatred.

"Fuck you!" He spat, "I fucking hate you!"

If he hadn't been so sick and drunk, he wouldn't have said what he did. If he had seen the tears in her eyes, he would've found himself crying as well. Peter grumbled to himself something about May being a bitch and how she was stupid then stood up shakily and started towards the Compound. After a while he crumbled to the ground next to a trash can then took out his phone, he was shivering with fever and could barely see, but he managed to shoot a text.

Hy nqef iuo to luxk ne yp

Happy replied shortly after.

I'm on my way kid