8

"Insect," Thanos hissed as he threw Peter on the ground.

Peter gasped then found himself standing in front of a collapsing building, "STEVE LOOK OUT!"

Peter didn't hesitate, he stepped front of Steve and shoved him out of the way.

"Kid what're you-" he was cut off by a massive explosion that stunned Peter's body and made him go numb as he slammed into a neighboring structure.

"Peter you alcoholic criminal! Get the hell out of here!" May screamed.

Peter's eyes darted around in confusion then he felt himself getting shoved by his aunt. With a gasp, he fell off the roof of his apartment building. He just fell for what had to be hours as he friends and family screamed at him.

"I hate you Peter! Look at what you've done to me!" MJ cried as Peter hit the ground.

Peter jolted awake, gasping for breath. His eyes were wide and darted around the room.

"Peter? What's wrong?" MJ asked as she sleepily sat up, fighting the morning sickness she'd been feeling recently.

"I gotta go," Peter sat himself up and started reattaching his legs, "Tell Nora I had to leave for Stark Intern stuff."

"Wait what? You're just disappearing on me?" MJ his her disappointment and dismay.

Peter changed into his regular clothing, "Yeah."

MJ's jaw dropped slightly as he opened the window and disappeared through it. He just... left her without an explanation or apology. Normally, he gave her both. With a sigh she laid back down and waited for the nausea to subside. Before it did, she found herself needed to use the bathroom and she stood up to do so. This whole being pregnant thing really sucked, and she had another seven months of it.

Meanwhile, Peter raced through the ally's and streets to a store. He was about to walk in when he froze. His fake ID was still in his old room at May's apartment.

"Fuck," He breathed then whirled around and rushed to the outside of his former apartment.

He paced around to the wall baring his window and crawled up it, hoping not to be noticed. Silently opening his thankfully unlocked window, Peter crawled inside his room and looked around. Bingo, he thought as he spotted the ID on his desk, right where he'd left it. Quickly snatching the card then leaping out of the window and landing swiftly on the ground, Peter started for the store once more. He walked in quickly and confidently, heading straight for the alcohol section. He smiled when he saw the shelves of beer and alcoholic beverages, it was all the full strength stuff he loved and needed, that store never let him down. Grabbing two bottles in each hand, he headed for checkout. He'd gotten used to the routine of placing his items on the counter, flashing his ID, and paying with cash.

"Twenty three?" The cashier commented as she read the fake ID, "You look younger than that."

Peter's heart almost stopped then he shrugged it off with a smile, "I've always looked younger than I really am."

"Really?"

"Yeah, when I was sixteen, someone thought I was twelve," Peter laughed slightly.

The cashier laughed as she scanned the beer, "Thats pretty funny, Tom."

Peter smiled, being used to people referring to him as the name on his ID, "Yeah," He paid then took the bottles, "Have a good day-" he glanced at the name tag, "Trisha."

"You too," Trisha called as he walked away.

Peter hurried out of the store and jogged to an alleyway that he'd pretty much claimed as his own. No one was ever there, unless to buy or sell drugs, and it was out of sight from wandering eyes, plus he could drink in peace there. With a heavy sigh, he sank to the ground, forced open a bottle, and let the amber liquid inside burn his throat.