Untitled Part 26

Tony didn't know how to react at first. Maybe he was dreaming, or maybe he was drunk. Maybe Peter was drunk?

"You actually want help?" Tony finally asked.

"Yes!" Peter cried desperately, "I can't loose MJ. She's the one person on this planet who I'd actually kill for and I can't loose that."

Tony frowned slightly, "Ouch. You wouldn't kill for me?"

"No."

"What about Morgan?"

"Seriously harm and send to jail, not kill."

"Wow okay."

"DAD! Help me out or I'm disowning you!" Peter snapped.

"Okay okay! Just calm down," Tony held his hands out, "here's the thing kid, you can't quit cold turkey. That's too sudden for your body and you'll have a seizure and die or something. So we'll take things slowly."

Peter sat down quickly, "B-but MJ can't see me drunk."

"That's fine, she won't. Natasha's been helping take care of her a lot already," Tony reassured, "she can help MJ while you help yourself."

He nodded slowly, then felt a headache creeping up on him, "Dad... I really need a drink."

"That's alright, I'll have Steve pick something up for you," Tony sighed.

Peter felt like crying, but he tried not to cry in front of Tony, "This is going to be really hard. I can't believe I let it get this bad."

"It'll be okay kid, I'll take care of you," Tony promised.

Peter nodded slightly, "Thank you dad... but how?"

"We'll have to be careful with this. I'll help you regulate how much alcohol you drink so you can slowly ease out of it. And- kid your legs are all worn out!"

He knelt down and examined the battered metal contraptions.

"I ran all the way here," Peter replied, "What would you expect?"

"You little idiot."

"massive idiot," Peter corrected with a wobbly grin.

"I'll take these off and have them fixed up, until then you can either stay here on the couch-"

"Couch, I'm tired," Peter said quickly then started to remove his legs.

"Fair enough," Tony smiled softly then took the prosthetics to be repaired.

"Sorry about kicking your ass kid," Natasha apologized, "but you had it coming."

"Oh no, don't apologize, I kinda needed that," Peter smiled at her.

"Good, because I didn't really mean it," Natasha smirked, "you know I never apologize and mean it."

"Yeah," Peter yawned slightly and Natasha draped a blanket over him.

"Get some rest little spider," She said softly.

He smacked into the side of the building with a gasp. He felt nothing and could only see red. Red blood dripping down his forehead and staining his hands. Faint cries of his name confused his mind, he couldn't tell if they were real or not.

"MJ..." He mumbled.

All he could think about was his girlfriend. He loved her more than he could ever love himself, possibly more than he could love anyone else. He just wanted to see her one last time and tell her how much he loved her. If he was about to die, he didn't want the last thing he said to her to be "gotta go bye."

Suddenly he was sitting in the same crumpled position in an alleyway as he shook uncontrollably. It hadn't taken him long to learn to walk, but once he sat down, he'd need a lot of help getting up, especially while having a panic attack.

"Hey kid," a deep, slightly slurred voice called.

Peter shakily looked up at the man, "Sir, I n-n-need help," he grabbed his metal legs, although it felt as if nothing was there, "S-sir, I l-lost my legs a-and-"

The man knelt down, "Got anyone who loves you?"

Peter couldn't think straight, and he was feeling so lost that he spat out the answer his mind forced him to believe, "No."

"Good," the man replied then held out a bottle, "'Cause this'll kill you, but it will help."

"Anything!" He cried desperately.

Peter shakily took the bottle from his hands and the scene shifted once more. He was pinned by Natasha as he choked and gasped for breath. Then he felt his legs detach from his body and before he knew it he was being drowned in his own blood.