001.

"You sounded great, Zai!"My brother, Zion, cheered me on.
"Thanks, bro.It took me months to finish this song."I got down off the mini stage in our living room and hugged him.My name is Zaila Graham and I am 24 years old.I am an up and coming artist.I went to SDSU for about a year, but dropped out to pursue my music career.The only person that was in support of that was my brother Zion.He is my best friend and I really couldn't ask for anyone better.

"Oh yeah, I got something for you."Zion pulled a flyer out of his book bag.
"What's this?"I took it from his hand and examined it.It was a flyer for a music competition that was gonna be hosted by Roy Woods.The grand prize was a record deal, second place prize was $5,000 and the third place prize was a $100 gift card of your choice.
"Zion, this is huge!"I looked up at him in amazement.
"I know, you definitely have to enter.This could be your big break!"Zion spun around in happiness.
"I don't know, Zi.There's going to be so many amazing artists there, my chance of winning is slim to none."I sat down on the couch behind me.
"Stop doubting yourself, sis.You don't know until you actually enter and try."I looked up at him and back down at the flyer.I had until October 27th and today was November 7th.
"Okay, I'll practice day and night, nonstop.If I lose, I get to say 'I told you so' after the show."I pointed my finger in his face.He laughed and lightly pushed my hand down.
"Trust me, I am more than sure that you won't lose.You're an amazing artist and its time to show the world what you got.You're gonna do great."I loved him so much.He always says the right things at the right time.
"Okay, Zion.Whatever you say."I smiled at him.
"Alright, get back up on that stand and let's take it from the top again."I got up and grabbed my guitar.I put my strap around my shoulder and looked up at Zion to give me the signal to start singing.