014.

I woke up to an empty bed.I was still in my clothes from last night.I got up and decided to take a nice, long shower.

I stood in there and felt numb.I could barely sleep, knowing that Zion was still mad at me.

I finished in the shower and did my makeup and got dressed so I could go to the studio.:

I grabbed my things and exited my room

I grabbed my things and exited my room.I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.Zion stood there eating a granola bar as he scrolled away on his phone.I walked towards the fridge to drink some of my smoothie and left the house.I wasn't going to let this affect me the way that he wanted it to.

"What's up, Lorie!"I walked up to the front counter and signed in.
"Oh, hey, beautiful!This is for you."I looked over and saw that she had a bouquet of roses, chocolates & a card attached to the bouquet.
"Who is this from?"
"Take a wild guess."I laughed and opened the card.

Dear Zaila a.k.a. My Wife,

Hey baby, I didn't want to wake you so I left last night.I saw how distraught you were and decided to get you these.I hope you love them.I have this family emergency that I had to tend to so I won't be able to make it to the studio today.I'll see you tomorrow, though.I love you more than you will ever know.

Love, Your Husband,
L. Thomas III

I smiled at the note and smelled it.It smelled just like his cologne that he knew that I loved.

"You guys are so cute, I hope to get like you two one day."I laughed at Lorie's comment.
"Great things come to those who wait."I winked at her as I took my gifts out to my car.

I smiled at them one more time before placing them in the back seat.I shut my car door and began to walk back up to the headquarters.

I walked into the building to see Zion signing in with someone by his side.I walked past them and towards the elevators.

"Hey, Zaila."I heard a voice say.I turned around to see Woody smiling and waving at me.Then, it hit me.

FLASHBACK

"Hey, Woody."I sat down in my Physics class beside my best friend.
"Hey, beautiful.What took you so long,I was tryna get Chipotle before class."He rubbed his stomach as we both began to laugh.
"Your ass would be farting up a storm again, no."We laughed even more.
"Whatever.You still thinking about dropping out?"I looked over at him.I was planning on dropping out so I could pursue my music career.I didn't want to leave Woody, but I didn't have much of a choice.
"I don't know, maybe."I sort of lied.He looked down at my hand and placed his on top of it.
"Whatever you decide to do, I'll always support you."I smiled at him.
"Thank you, Woody."
"And promise me that you won't ever lose contact with me if you do decide to leave."
"I promise."

END OF FLASHBACK

I snapped back to reality as I waved back at Woody.I couldn't believe that I didn't even remember him.

I rushed to the elevator and pressed the button a million times for it to close.I went up to the 23rd floor and went to my studio.I sat there and listened to You Used to Love Me by Faith Evans.I lit up a blunt and relaxed as the music played over the speaker.I needed this smoke break a long time ago.