twenty-six

"Broken hearts make the best songs don't they now?" Marie looked up at Trixie, her hands darting up and down the keys of the grand piano. "I'm forever gonna feel like shit for breaking you and Trè up."

"Marie." Trixie looked into her eyes. "It wasnt your fault."

"Wish I didn't give my virginity to a dickhead. That part is my fault." Marie laughed to herself. "Y'know its been almost a month since Billie and I broke up. Finally am starting to get over that bastard."

"Trè please stop calling me." Trixie said softly into the phone. "I can't talk right now, Marie and Trevor are in the next room." Trixie looked out her door, to see Marie throwing Uno cards at Trevor. With a small chuckle, Trixie reluctantly returned to her phone call.

"What's so funny?" Trè asked.

"Oh just Marie throwing cards at Trevor. She takes card games much too seriously sometimes. Anyways what do you want Trè? I've got some shit to do."

Trè, attempting to hold his tears back, looked to Billie before speaking. "I just need your help. Didn't know who else to call."

"I'm not a prostitute Trè!" Trixie said sharply. "Horny bastard!"

"Trixie I'm being serious!"

"I wasn't. Okay what is it?"

"How's Marie?"

Billie looked up at Trè when Marie's name was mentioned.

"She's real good. Finally ready to get over Billie I think."

"Oh...well that's real good news. Yeah real good."

"How's Billie?"

"Terrible. I really don't know what to do."

"Trixie!" Marie ran into the room. "What kind of pop tarts do you want? And who are you talking to? Quit being secretive!"

Trixie hung up. "Smores ones are fine. Wow Marie what a healthy dinner."

"Look my song writing class is kicking my fucking ass."