ten

It was a bright Saturday morning. Marie woke up with Billie Joe's arms around her, pulling her close to him. She kissed his hand, noticing a smile form on his face. "I know you're awake babe." Marie giggled, turning over and kissing his lips. "I can see that smile." Marie adjusted the straps of her silk nightgown.

Billie yawned. "What time is it?"

"Nine. Jesus this room is a mess."

"Hopefully Trev doesn't smell the smoke huh?" Billie passed Marie a cigerette.

"I'm less worried about that and more worried about if we kept him up last night." Marie took a drag off her cigarette. "He's grumpy if he sleeps just short of seven hours."

"Shit I just heard his door. Fingers crossed."

Trevor didn't enter their room, which relived Billie and Marie. Not  Trè however.

"You mind telling me what happend last night? With you and Trix?" Trevor brought a cup of coffee to his lips, awaiting Trè's response.

Trè was hardly awake. "We just. Kissed. I swear."

"There's something about Trixie you really need to know."

"Stop it! She's just a little gjrl!" Cindy Pincher was tired of seeing her husband beat their daughter. Trevor watching from the other room, shaking, not prepared for what he would see next. Cindy Pincher was a good woman. Not the best, but decent. Watching his mother deal with internalized misogyny was tough for Trevor. Watching his sister get beaten up was worse. And knowing his father did the same thing to his mother too.

His fathers friends would use "oh he's just pretty old school" as reasoning for this behaviour.

"Please please stop daddy! That really hurts!" Trixie begged, Cindy falling to her knees in tears.

"Please daddy that really hurts! This is so wrong!"

Trevor fell down.

Trè froze. "Fuck."

Trevor put a hand on Trè's shoulder. "Thought you needed to know."