thirty-five

Moving day.

"It's weird saying goodbye to this place Billie." Marie confessed. "It'll be weird not to deal with the anxiety of the drunk motherfuckers kicking in the door.

"Good weird though. I hope." Billie threw his arm around Marie. "You'll love living in Oakland."

Trè wrapped his arms around her as well. "We got your back Marie. So do Mike and Anastasia as well."

"I love you guys so much." Marie said, collecting her bags. "I'll throw these in the car and then say goodbye to my mom. If she cares to talk to me."

Billie and Trè sighed with concern.

"One of us is gonna go with you in there though." Trè said, Billie nodding in agreement.

Natasha was angry. But even after seeing the ugly scowled expression on her mother's face, Marie still owed some sort of goodbye.

"You're leaving? Are you leaving home?" Natasha started her integration with a growl, soon her voice cracked and she sounded more sad then angry.

"This place ain't home for me no more Momma. This place is full of terrible fucking memories." Marie whispered, Billie Joe clenching her hand.

"I hope I'm one of the rare good memories."

"The old you was."

"Damn Marie that was badass!" Trè exclaimed from outside of the open window.

"Fuck off Trè." Natasha glared at the evesdropper, and the trio made their way to Marie's car.

Billie tossed his keys to Trè. "I'm fuckin trusting you man. Don't crash that car!"

"Don't worry man. I'm an awesome driver!"

Billie and Marie sat in her old Plymouth. "Lots of memories in this car huh?" Billie said suggestivley.

"Yeah. The good bad and the gross." Marie said full of laughter.

"Gross?"

"Trixie got sooo mad when she found out we did it in this car."

"Oh bohoo not like she'd end up knocked up!"

"Babe I don't think that's what she was concered about."

"Just start the damn car doll."

Marie obeyed and began to drive. At the mention of Trixie, she had to admit her mood had descrsed, not going unnoticed by Billie.

"I know you miss her." Billie said. "She will get over your little affair with Aaron."

"Trevor never will. Aaron's goal is probobly to drive Trev to end his own life!"

"Don't say that."

"But its true."

"Don't worry. She'll get over it."