50.

"I'LL HOLD YOUR BODY IN MY HANDS, BE AS GENTLE AS I CAN"

n a d i a .

Waking up the next morning was definitely a dreaded thing. The hangover had taken over my entire body. After cleaning up Christian's lip and cheek last night, we showered up and called it a night. Christian never let me out of his grip through the entire night. I know he was still beating himself up over it, and I know he thinks it's his fault. I told him so many times it wasn't. Why was he even beginning to blame himself for something I could've stopped myself?

My head is pounding as I turn to face the other side of the bed, seeing it was empty. Where was Christian? I got up, rubbing my eyes and put on some socks as I was wearing nothing but Christian's hoodie and walked into the bathroom to see him looking in the mirror at his puffy lip and the black eye he received last night. Even though he had a black eye and busted lip, something about that man in grey sweats made me swoon.

I bite my lip as I moved behind him, snaking my arms around his waist and pressed three soft kisses against his back, "Morning, baby.."

"Hi, beautiful.." He replied, wincing at the pain of his eye.

"You okay?" I asked as I unraveled my arms and hopped up on the bathroom counter, looking at him try and combat the pain.

Christian nodded before he looked over at me and smirked hazily at me. He moves to stand in between my thighs as he grabbed them, lifting my legs to wrap around his hips. He placed soft, gentle kisses on my jawline before he nudges his nose against mine as we connect our lips together. I hum against his lips, my arms slinging around his neck as we make out. Although wincing at the pain from his busted lip at times, he doesn't stop and I didn't want him to, frankly.

He pulled back slowly, I move my legs off from around his hips as I just smiled at him. "I know last night was pretty rough and an overall mess. It makes me feel better knowing that you are okay, and that we are good. I also am really in love with you, and I'm sorry the first night of our honeymoon really wasn't ideal, but, I think we should have a day in today. Order some room service, take advantage of the hot tub while we drink some wine and kiss a lot. Does that sound like an ideal day to you?"

My heart races and my stomach fills up with butterflies as he looks in my eyes the entire time he talks to me. I nodded, biting down on my lip as I ran my thumb across his cheek before kissing his nose. I move my hand to his arm, grasping it so he can wrap it around me.

"I think that's more than ideal," I tease, kissing his jaw and the hand that wasn't around me squeezed my thigh.

"You feeling okay?" He asked me, concern in his voice.

I nod, crossing my legs over each other, "I'm okay, baby. Body is a little sore, but, I'll manage." I reply, moving to get off the counter and walked back into our room and walked outside on our balcony.

The view was something I would never get over. Despite a messy night, I definitely loved seeing the ocean in my window as I stepped outside. I think the moment was so frightening last night due to the alcohol in my system, heightening my emotions. I'm safe with my husband now and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Christian orders the two of us room service so we can cuddle in bed, watch a movie while we eat breakfast and start off our relaxing day the right way. We share kisses and steal little bits of food off of each other's plates, making us laugh. He wouldn't stop complimenting me, even if I was just in his hoodie. I wasn't complaining.

"I say we go in the hot tub now.." I suggest as I stretched out, groaning as I felt the pain radiate through my body.

We both clean up, setting our plates on the tray outside the door and I changed into a pink and white two piece before walking out to our outdoor patio area and looked over at Christian who was in a pair of swimming shorts and had a bottle of wine in his hand along with some champagne glasses.

We sit across from each other as I smile, watching him pour me a glass of red wine and handed it to me. It might've been almost noon, but, I know for sure him nor I were getting drunk today, especially after last night. We just wanted the romance.

The two of us drink a couple of glasses before setting them outside of the hot tub. I move to sit between Christian's legs, my back pressed up against his chest. He leaves multiple kisses on my shoulders and I just melt in his touch. He starts to kiss on my neck, instinctively causing me to tilt my head and close my eyes, humming quietly as he left a couple of marks. My eyes open, meeting his as I just smiled cheesy at him.

"What?" He asked quietly, keeping the peaceful tone to the romance.

I just shake my head, shrugging, "I love you, Christian."

Christian's lips curve into a silly smile, one that made me giggle. "What was that?" He asked, his smile turning into a smirk.

I turned and moved so I'm straddling his lap. I grazed my thumb along the bruise by his eye, he didn't even flinch once. It could've been worse, but, it didn't look as bad at it did the previous night.

"I said I love you!" I repeated, giggling as I rested my forehead against his.

"Crazy, because I love you too!" He replied, that goofy smile never leaving his lips before he leaned in and kissed me. For a long time, to be honest.

I pull away, needing to regain some air in my lungs as we keep our foreheads resting against each other's. He bites on my bottom lip as he pulls away, his smile turning into a smirk again.

"Mmm, I wanna hear it again, just for confirmation.." Christian whispered, that smirk never leaving his stupid cute face.

"I love you so much, Christian Yelich."

He smiles against my lips before we kiss again, our lips moving together in perfect unison. The tip of his tongue glides between my lips and dances with mine. We both hum out soft moans as his hands moved to my lower back, making their way to where they really wanted to be.

I can't imagine my life without anyone else but the man I am so fortunate enough to call my husband and my best friend.