Chapter 2- Mystery

"Young Master. Young Master." Mary called my name as she shook me out of my daze.

"Huh? What's going on? What's with the maids? Why were they attacking me? Why—." Mary put a finger to my lip.

"Please hush, Young Master. I understand you have questions but we aren't safe right now."

"Mary is right. They already know where we are. It would be best to relocate." Mr. Reginald chimed in.

I nodded. "I understand."

I grabbed my gun and my phone and stood up, ready to leave.

For some reason, Mary was throughly analyzing me.

"Young Master," She started, "maybe you should change before we leave."

At first I was confused at what she was trying to insinuate. I looked at my clothes; more specifically, my pajamas.

I laughed nervously. "...Maybe you're right."

I don't even have a place to hold my phone and my gun. I would've had to carry it.

"In that case, can you guys, uh, leave the room for a second?" I could go to the bathroom and change but like...it's my room. If anyone should leave it should be them.

Mr. Reginald but was about to speak, most likely an objection, but Mary stopped him.

"Very well. We'll be right outside in the hallway if you need us." She grabbed Mr. Reginald's arm and dragged him out.

Seeing that, I couldn't help but smile. Thank you Mary.

Knowing Mr. Reginald, he probably wanted to stay in the room in case of a worse case scenario that I can't even imagine. What's really the worst that can happen? Are the mansion staff going to suddenly teleport into my room? I mean, if they did, what could Mary and Mr. Reginald even do about it?

I was about to change until I noticed the lifeless gaze of a bleeding corpse. The peach-skinned dark haired maid with a slit left eyeball was looking right at me.

...Right, I'd be getting dressed in front of six blooded corpses.

Their blood was spilling onto the slick wood floor, creating puddles that I had to tiptoe around.

Even if it is my bedroom, isn't it kind of weird that I'm changing in front of six corpses? Better yet, isn't it pretty surreal that I have six corpses in my room to begin with? This situation I'm in can't actually be real, can it?

I mean the last thing I remember is going back to sleep. It could just be a dream. And I have been reading an excessive amount of horror novels lately, which could've affected the dream. It would make more sense than believing any of this is actually happening.

After all, who would believe such a situation is reality?

I glanced back over at the lifeless one-eyed corpse. She was still staring right at me.

...Somehow, I don't believe this is a dream.

I quickly changed from my pajamas to a plain gray shirt, black pants, and gray high tops. I didn't want to be around the bodies any longer than I had to be. Despite the fact that this was my room, being in here felt wrong.

I placed my phone in my left pocket and my gun in my right because well...I don't have a holster. At least I turned back on the safety though. It would kind of suck to shoot myself in the foot. Literally.

I hopped over the remains of my poor door that was snapped in two by the tyrannical butler and poked my head into the hallway. As expected, Mary and Mr. Reginald were right outside. Mary was wiping the blood off of her knife and Mr. Reginald, who didn't have (or need) a weapon was making weird movements.