Chapter 37- Roxanne Has Arrived!

The guy dropped the sawed off handgun. "Another one of the goddess' pawns. Good, I can get rid of both in one go."

He really doesn't like the goddesses, does he?

Tucker pulled the pin out of his arm and retreated to my side. He put pressure on his hand in an attempt to stop the bleeding, not that it was life threatening or anything.

The girl rested the blade of her scythe disturbingly close to the back of her neck while walking up to us. She looked me up and down, staring a noticeable amount at Essentia.

"As I thought, you were a weapon user. Didn't have to lie to me though..." she grumbled.

"I've met you before, right?"

"A couple of weeks ago. Not that it matters."

"So what are you here for? Are you going to attack us too?" Tucker asked.

"You're pretty ungrateful towards the person that just saved your life." She shot at him.

"I'm very sorry. I meant to say, thank you, your highness." Tucker bowed sarcastically.

"That's better."

"What are you here for?" I inquired.

The girl lifted up the scythe from behind her, allowing me to get a better look at it. "Truth be told, I'm only here because this arrogant cry baby wouldn't stop screaming about the presence of others like him and demanded I see what was occurring."

"Why help us though?"

She cocked her head like I asked a stupid question. "Because your friend was in danger of course."

"But what if that guy was the one in danger?"

"Then I would've saved hi—listen, I'm not here to play twenty questions with you. This cocky demon is screaming orders in my head telling me to fight that guy over there, which means we're temporarily on the same side. It's not that complicated."

What do you think about her, Ms. Mya?

That scythe is easily recognizable. She stated bluntly. I'd consider him more of a nuisance than a threat if anything. She paused for a moment. Hmm. Her help would be appreciated. I guess you can trust her for now.

I scratched my head. "Makes sense. Well, can I at least know your name then? It'll make it easier for us to fight together."

"Roxanne."

"I'm Arthur." I said. "And the headstrong guy over there is my brother Tucker."

"Nice to meetcha. Now if the unnecessary pleasantries are over, I'm sure your friend over there is getting bored." She said, shifting her focus to the stranger, who was glaring at us silently through our whole exchange.

"I don't know who you are, but the fact that you're here means you've chosen death." The guy said.

Roxanne pointed at herself. "I'm just a girl with an oversized halloween toy." She joked while getting in position to swing her scythe.

"Joke all you want," the guy said. "You'll never touch m—"

Before the guy had a chance to finish his sentence, Roxanne disappeared from her original spot, appearing right before him, aiming the sharp blade right for his neck.

The guy, who shouldn't have been able to dodge in time, leaned back to narrowly avoid his head getting cleaved. But Roxanne wasted no time, and teleported behind him and kicked him in his back before he had time to recover.

The guy, who should've fell face first onto the gravel, sunk into the ground and went missing once again.

What the? She's strong.