Chapter 15: Erythrina Kozumi (Fumiko's POV)

Vicious, Vile, and cruel, where they devour humans and enhance their powers by gobbling them up. It's no other than demons. Their only task was to eat as many humans as they could all across the entire world, which happened during the Meiji Era.

When we were all gathered in our homeland we just kept roaming around. Our appearances are like Ghouls. When we get attacked we turn into a shadow.

During the Taisho Era, we were already fed up eating humans. When a God had appeared from above we compressed ourselves in one corner and started quivering in fright.

God smiled towards us and gave every one of us a human vessel. Most of the Demons are Males. There were only 3-5 Females among us including me.

I was around 210 years old. The human vessel that I was given was cute. The only problem I have is the height itself.

In addition to that, we weren't the only Demons standing. We also have our little brothers and sisters. The God who gave us these human vessels told us to --

"Try interacting with humans and enroll in schools and study. You'll know about how humanity stood here in the first place and their history as well."

All of us nodded in response and understood. It wasn't easy getting along with humans, to be honest.

We Demons have different sorts of personalities.

I'm a Demon who's always shy when it comes to interacting with humans.

Ever since I started studying in a school called 'World Spring Academy' it was a bit tough, and by tough it's so very difficult for me trying to be a friend towards other people.

Most of them admired my appearance. I was lost for words the moment I heard that sentence.

Every day at school my place gets crowded because of my classmates since they want to get to know me better. But that was just the first step.

The next step is 'Daily Hygiene'. It's where humans brush their teeth, take a shower, and exercise every morning. Since I was a girl I was more confused.

The changing of dresses, skirts, bra, and underwear, including socks, oh my god it was so difficult to understand simple things.

After a month had passed I was able to get used to living like a human being. Everything went well. The same goes for my little brother.

It's funny you know? He may look like a girl but his hair is just long. I started questioning him when he was wearing a skirt. His explanation was a bit confusing.

When he tried explaining it to me once more I was finally able to understand what he was saying. During a certain event that was held in World Spring Academy, there was a duel. During that event, I was able to keep it up until I've reached the finals.

I was up against a person that had pure white hair with silver-colored eyes. In the end, I lost. I was very close to beating her.

Since I was tired and kneeled on the ground and my red-colored headband fell off from my head. The person I've dueled with picked it up and gave it to me. She said:

"You're very strong like me as well. The reason why you lost is that you've lacked 'Determination'." She rubbed my head and left

She was so gentle. She even asserted what I lacked during battle. It was no other than Valerie.

I've decided to join her team because I wanted her to teach me all the things I don't know yet.

I know reading and writing but not fighting.