Chapter 4

"Anna! Elsa! Where are you?"

The storm had dissipated no sooner than it had arrived. By daybreak a search party led by Kristoff and the soldiers set out to locate the missing sisters.

Matthias went through the town, knocking on every door and asking the townspeople if they caught any glimpse of the two.

Kristoff opted to travel with the use of Sven and scour the areas surrounding Arendelle. When that turned fruitless, he simply stood at the edge of the docks and called out, hoping for any sort of sign of his wife and sister-in-law's whereabouts.

"Any sign of them?" asked Honeymaren.

Kristoff shook his head, dispair creeping onto his face. "No."

"Ryder has gone back to the Enchanted Forest. Perhaps they both wound up there."

"Perhaps....wait, do you see that? In the distance?"

Kristoff pointed toward the horizon, where the sea met the sky. Several miles away, a figure appeared to be rising from the water and approaching Arendelle at rapid speed.

Both he and Honeymaren braced themselves for an impending attack. Instead, they realized it wasn't foe, but friend; Nokk, the water spirit horse, was galloping on the surface of the sea toward the castle. As it came near, Kristoff noticed the cargo it carried on its back.

"Elsa..." said Kristoff. Honeymaren gasped in horror.

Elsa was unconscious; carefully Kristoff lifted the limp cargo off Nokk's back and held her to his chest.

"Let's go find the others," he said.

---

Olaf waited patiently at the entrance of Arendelle Castle; Bruni sat on the top of his head, acting as lookout. When Kristoff, Elsa and Honeymaren approached, he squeaked excitedly.

"Kristoff - I can't help but notice you only have one missing person in your arms," said Olaf. "Where's Anna?"

Kristoff didn't respond, and went straight inside the castle; Olaf decided to follow with Bruni in tow.

Finally, Elsa began to stir.

"She's coming to!" exclaimed Honeymaren.

Kristoff paused and watched as Elsa opened her eyes and met his.

"Where am I?" she said.

"You're back in the palace," replied Kristoff. "Nokk brought you back. Are you hurt? Can you stand?"

Elsa nodded and slowly got back to her feet with Honeymaren holding onto her for support. She then grabbed Honeymaren tightly and her eyes became wide. "Anna...."

"We were assaulted in our room," said Kristoff. "Our window practically exploded and the force of the wind pulled Anna out. I tried to intervene but was knocked out."

"It wasn't the wind," said Elsa. "It was a dragon,"

"A dragon?" repeated Honeymaren.

Elsa nodded with conviction. "I saw it with my own two eyes. I tried to rescue Anna, but it attacked me with some sort of noxious smog. This never would have happened if I was with her...."

"Don't say that," Kristoff said firmly. "We'll find Anna, I promise."

"Elsa! Prince Kristoff!" Mattias and several soldiers approached the group.

For once, Kristoff didn't react when he was called 'prince'. "What can you report, Lieutenant?" he asked seriously.

"There was no sign of the Queen in the town," said Matthias. "However, my men did some reconnaissance and found something of interest."

"Take us to it," commanded Elsa.

---

Elsa and the others were taken to the centre of town. The rooftops of several buildings were damaged by the previous night's storm, but thankfully there were no casualties.

Matthias led the group to town square, which was normally a wide open area, but was occupied by many curious townsfolk, all looking at the gound in wonder. There, imprinted into the bricks of the paved ground, was the large depression of an intricate shape:

 There, imprinted into the bricks of the paved ground, was the large depression of an intricate shape:

"It looks like some sort of symbol..." said Kristoff.

"What do you think it means?" asked Honeymaren.

"I don't know," said Elsa. "But I think I know someone who might."