red king

this is based off the book: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. this contains spoilers to all pages before page 233, so read at your own risk! It's a really good book btw, you should read it if you can ^^

character list;

tom- mare barrow (mareena titanos)

tord- cal tiberias

matt- maven calore

edd- shade barrow

tamara- gisa barrow

lauren- farley

sabrina- evangeline

patryk- lucas samos

and the rest of the characters take the same place as in the book, for example: kilorn is still himself, the king and queen are still the same named, tom's brothers bree and tramy are still bree and tramy. No eddsworld character takes their place

genre; sfw

word count; 1313

--------------------------------------------------

-tom's pov-

Rise, Red as the Dawn.

I can't believe I've been living a lie for so long now! Silver on the outside, Red on the inside. My face was pained with sorrow at the thought of my lovely brother, my favorite brother, Edd now dead all because of 'disirtation.' He didn't even do so, damn it!

The maids who dressed me up for breakfast noticed my expression yet said nothing, not that I minded, they weren't supposed to talk. I remember what happened to Julian's companion, Sara, when she said something she wasn't supposed to. I shivered at the thought, the queen was only scratching the surface of punishments with cutting a tongue off. I grit my teeth, flinching when the door was knocked on.

"Come in," I called out over the bushel of Red maids. The door opened and there revealed Tord Tiberias, son of the king and heavy air to the throne. His fiery gaze blazed as he waited for the maids to finish painting my rosy cheeks to the pale color the rest of my body maintained. When done, the women scurried out, avoiding any eye contact.

"Sir Titanos," he started, but I held up a hand to stop him. It was a respectful way to interrupt, according to Protocol.

"Call me Tom, when we're alone, Tord." He cleared his throat, wide shoulders shifting. He nodded, approaching me slowly. I took a step back, needing to keep a distance.

"Listen, about what happened last night," Tord murmured, addressing our little dancing practice which manifested into a sudden kiss.

"It's fine, Tord. You might want to save your addicting lips for Sabrina (remember her from bye bye baby blue? yeah, she's back, if it's your name, feel free to mentally change it ^^). She's your future wife, anyhow."

Tord grew stiff yet blushed white, and I noticed it. It was true, he was a fantastic kisser. However he did scowl at the mentions of his betrothed's name.

"Speaking of marriage, do you... feel strongly for Matty?" He questioned, and I stilled at the mention of his brother's name. Oh, how my stomach dropped when remembering the ambush that will happen. Thanks a lot, Lauren.

"I don't know, he is my future husband after all. I barely know him, also you, so give me some time, Tord. You know I can't go prancing about with you when you'll have a wife and I'll have Matt, especially since you're the future king!" Tord sighed yet chuckled,