my hero

warning! there is violence, mentions of blood, and assault! read at your own risk and never recreate these crimes!!

genre; sfw

word count; 1416

-------------------------------------

-tom's pov-

Sprawling across a wall, I was running up it by two monstrous paws. Heavy breath with a tinge of smoke, I crinkled my nose in disgust and spat in the culprit's face. The beast roared, shoving me harder into the brick wall of the alley way, using its knee to round me in the side. I choked on air, narrowing my voids that are now cloudy with inky tears.

"I didn't do shit, you motherfucker!" The fiend chuckled menacingly and glided a hand up to my neck. Caressing it, he quickly grabbed at it and tightened his grip. I widened my eyes, kicking at the ground as my hands flew up to claw at his arms. This only resulted in a clench of his fingers. I felt my black eyeballs bulge out of the sockets slightly, gasping for air and only resulting in hyperventilating. My foot weakly kicked up, nudging his crotch.

"That's the best you got? Didn't hurt, freak," he snickered, looking up to meet my pained eyes. His green eyes flashed red as he threw me off the wall, kicking me to the ground. I gasped heavily for the sweet air I missed, yet that pleasure never lasted. Once again, his hands were tied around my neck, strangling me.

I thrashed on the floor, digging my nails into his wrists in hope to get him off. The man didn't even wince, instead laughing at my pathetic defense. The hand that was holding me down lifted off my shoulder, other hand squeezing my throat and keeping me steady. He reached into his coat, taking out a pocket knife. When it flicked open, it shimmered in the light, and I caught my reflection. Hopeless, crying, and purple faced. He soon loosened his grip on my neck, leaving a bruise, and held the knife up to me.

"If you try to get away, I swear to god, I'm gonna cut ya to pieces." I shivered, gritting my teeth as he traced my soft jawline with the tip of the blade.

How the fuck did I get into this mess?

"Tom, you've been neglecting to pay rent, and it's my house! I can kick you out, but you're my best friend, so I try not to. You have to pay up, though, so stop spending all your pounds on alcohol!"

I glared at Edd, sighing and nodding. I stomped off to my room, trying to find anyways to gather 1,000 pounds soon.

....

"And then, I payed him 9,000! It wasn't that much, barely an outing for me!"

My ears perked at the shout across the bar, smirking. The man had a soft blush, he looks about drunk. I've never pick pocketed in years, only when I was little, so just be careful! Yeah, he's drunk, it'll be fine.

I snuck behind the man, hand inching closer to his back pocketto his walletand closer to my rent bill being payed off. Maybe even a few taxes too!

When my fingers grasped at the fine leather, I slowly started to slip it out of his pocket. The man's hand flew back and grabbed at my wrist tight. He turned around, angry eyes meeting my empty and scared ones.

"Hey there, fella." I gulped, trembling under his glare. Attempting to pull my hand back, he twisted his hand slightly, and I winced in pain.

He turned back to face his wasted friends, smiling bright and innocently.

"Hold up, lads! I need to talk to this gent here!" They all nodded, tipping their hats, fixing their vests, taking drags from their cigars, and ushering the guy off.